Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #11
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

They need to state exactly what the cast metal is. I've had "cast metal" arrive from China that contains traces of plastic. I'd need somebody to give the end product a hammer test (smack with a hammer) before I ever considered buying it. If it shatters, it's not cast metal.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:45 AM   #12
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
They need to state exactly what the cast metal it is. I've had "cast metal" arrive from China that contains traces of plastic. I'd need somebody to give the end product a hammer test (smack with a hammer) before I ever considered buying it. If it shatters, it's not cast metal.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #13
fuzzylover
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I work in the home decor industry and India does cast aluminum very well. I'm hoping it may be something along the lines of this. Those who think it should be brass or bronze are unrealistic. You guys all understand that these are huge, too, right?

I'm not sure why a set of these at $675 have so many people's feathers ruffled (the FB comments are ridiculous, imo). They seem pretty fair to me.
fuzzylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:59 PM   #14
KELPIE
New Republic

I am really tempted.

These look great. This fits firmly in the "wife would kill me" category.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #15
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylover View Post
I work in the home decor industry and India does cast aluminum very well. I'm hoping it may be something along the lines of this. Those who think it should be brass or bronze are unrealistic. You guys all understand that these are huge, too, right?

I'm not sure why a set of these at $675 have so many people's feathers ruffled (the FB comments are ridiculous, imo). They seem pretty fair to me.
I agree it seems fair. Hopefully they’re sturdy metal. To answer your inquiry about why people are upset: people are whiny in this field. If it’s not exactly as they imagine it should be in their heads, no matter how unrealistic, it’s garbage. People are way too picky here.

I understand being picky with expensive things, but this isn’t bad for two huge items. Now if they come made with plastic, THEN it’s unreasonable. If they’re metal and have weight to them, not bad at all.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote