Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #21
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Ep3 of this season was incredible. Very serious. Loved it.
I think one aspect is I like so many of the characters that it elevates any emotional weight of stories they are in. I actually got a bit choked up at that episode.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:32 AM   #22
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I think one aspect is I like so many of the characters that it elevates any emotional weight of stories they are in. I actually got a bit choked up at that episode.
Yup, they have a great cast and chemistry.
Tonight’s episode was good too, the score sounded like James Horner’s early work....Krull and Star Trek 2 and 3. Good one.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #23
Augen
The Hulk

It will take me time to adjust to casting change, but I'm still enjoying the show.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #24
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Episode last night was great!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #25
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Episode last night was great!
Three in a row have been winners for me. I get some like comedic episodes and they are fun, but I love these sort of thought experiments type classic sci fine ones.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #26
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah...not entirely sold on the new security officer. Probably take some time to get used to her. Was really wishing for more Tharl...Patrick Warburton's a funny dude.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #27
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Three in a row have been winners for me. I get some like comedic episodes and they are fun, but I love these sort of thought experiments type classic sci fine ones.
I agree. One of my favorite current shows.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:22 AM   #28
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Ep3 of this season was incredible. Very serious. Loved it.
Yeah I wasn't that crazy about episode 1 & 2 but Episode 3 was really good... defiantly had that Star Trek vibe to it.. It probably help that they had Robert Picardo (Doc in Voyager) and John Billingsley (Doc in Enterprise) guest staring....

The new security officer sounds like Patrick Warburton from The Tick, he's also the voice of Joe Swanson (guy in the wheelchair) on Family Guy.. He's pretty funny so he should add a lot of humor to the show...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:27 AM   #29
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah I wasn't that crazy about episode 1 & 2 but Episode 3 was really good... defiantly had that Star Trek vibe to it.. It probably help that they had Robert Picardo (Doc in Voyager) and John Billingsley (Doc in Enterprise) guest staring....

The new security officer sounds like Patrick Warburton from The Tick, he's also the voice of Joe Swanson (guy in the wheelchair) on Family Guy.. He's pretty funny so he should add a lot of humor to the show...
The temporary security office was indeed Patrick Warburton from the Tick and Lemony Snickets TV shows. After hearing that distinct voice, I just had to confirm it with a quick google search. They already replaced him (and Alara) with another Xelayan security officer, Jessica Szohr (Shameless). She’s not bad but I still prefer Halston Sage better. It’s like Star Trek TNG all over again with how they replaced Tasha Year early on. Hopefully that will mean we’ll get a meanie version of Alara Kitan from an alternate reality in the future. Lolol
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #30
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
The temporary security office was indeed Patrick Warburton from the Tick and Lemony Snickets TV shows. After hearing that distinct voice, I just had to confirm it with a quick google search. They already replaced him (and Alara) with another Xelayan security officer, Jessica Szohr (Shameless). She’s not bad but I still prefer Halston Sage better. It’s like Star Trek TNG all over again with how they replaced Tasha Year early on. Hopefully that will mean we’ll get a meanie version of Alara Kitan from an alternate reality in the future. Lolol

Has she actually left the show then? Or is it just a plot point?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote