Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #21
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
The IA statues are great. Especially the earlier ones like Soundwave, Ultra Magnus, then they got scared by XM reveals and thought they needed to up the details to compete. Thankfully they are pulling it back a lot and some of the newer ones like Jazz, Arcee and Shockwave are really in that sweetspot where it's a blend of toy and cartoon.

By the way, Prime 1 is Japanese, they got Transformers from the start it's just that the owner of the company likes the movies for some reason.

I'm sick of all this talk in EVERY thread. PCS was known for taking 2-3 years to release statues. These delays were/are to be expected especially since there's been a change in ownership and restructure.

Should the new owners have done some more due-diligence in identifying that Jerry was taking all the capital out of the business be for running? Sure. But also, consumers shouldn't have bought a whole bunch of stuff and overextended themselves if they didn't really want it.

PCS are releasing products. There isn't a hint of products not getting produced. If a customer really wanted something they should wait and they'll get it. I'm still waiting on She-Ra. I'm sure she'll come, just like everything else people are waiting on. I'll also buy the TF's, Turtles and possibly G.I.Joe's.
"A bunch of Internet fanboys put a little money down and say they want more stuff. Look at tall the sales I've made. I'm super successful at business!
Shhh don't actually SAY how long it might be though or they might not order. These people will still want all my great art perpetually 2 years later. Anyway I'm a sculptor not a business man and what a fine artist I am! Street Fighter passion! I will go make more art now. Doh doh doh art art art."

People cancel statues all over this industry ALL THE TIME. NRDs from cancels are free money. That is the customer's only responsibility. Why produce product that depends solely on the initial buyers to make enough sales to justify production?
Poor little PCS can't handle it cause "they're a small art studio". Then that's just a clear indication they never should have been in an actual business as they were.

And until this is over this is pretty much how the PCS section will be.
Where else does a business owe it's customers money and that is just omitted from any conversation for the benefit of the business?
Oh that's right nowhere.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #22
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
"A bunch of Internet fanboys put a little money down and say they want more stuff. Look at tall the sales I've made. I'm super successful at business!
Shhh don't actually SAY how long it might be though or they might not order. These people will still want all my great art perpetually 2 years later. Anyway I'm a sculptor not a business man and what a fine artist I am! Street Fighter passion! I will go make more art now. Doh doh doh art art art."

People cancel statues all over this industry ALL THE TIME. NRDs from cancels are free money. That is the customer's only responsibility. Why produce product that depends solely on the initial buyers to make enough sales to justify production?
Poor little PCS can't handle it cause "they're a small art studio". Then that's just a clear indication they never should have been in an actual business as they were.

Where else does a business owe it's customers money and that is just omitted from any conversation for the benefit of the business?
Oh that's right nowhere.

Right, I'll admit that customers shouldn't have ordered more than they could handle. But don't act like PCS didn't do anything wrong besides long wait times for products delivered. If anything they were the ones who hyped the hell out of everything they released. Go back and read threads on almost every statue before half a year ago and you'll see Jerry posting about how fast the pieces were selling out, sometimes in minutes. He played us all, it just took some of us longer to realize than others. He(and unfortunately I) were defending 1/3 Akuma's issues and saying they were still the best Akumas on the market and would demand value. He was publicly criticizing someone here for wanting a refund saying he'll regret it...If you don't want to hear people moaning about not getting their refunds then it's probably best to not visit this section until it's resolved.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #23
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The only issue I have is that there is a thread dedicated to PCS issues. I didn't come to the Skywarp and Thundercracker thread to hear about them. If there were no thread i would get the frustration of nowhere to be able express your thoughts on the matter. But there is. Maybe it should be pinned up top and people that take it to other threads should have their posts deleted. Again I have no issue with talking about that issue. Just there is a dedicated thread for it.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #24
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
The only issue I have is that there is a thread dedicated to PCS issues. I didn't come to the Skywarp and Thundercracker thread to hear about them. If there were no thread i would get the frustration of nowhere to be able express your thoughts on the matter. But there is. Maybe it should be pinned up top and people that take it to other threads should have their posts deleted. Again I have no issue with talking about that issue. Just there is a dedicated thread for it.
I get that and that is where I leave most of my discussion about it.
Thing is though the issue is so pervasive it affects just about everything PCS does.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:14 AM   #25
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Oh that's right nowhere.
Haha, 'tis a good quote you pulled. Almost as if it's straight from the horses mouth.

As for the rest, you are ignoring a very important fact though.

Jerry took all of the money out of the company. I can tell you that any statue company worth their salt, wouldn't be spending the money until stock is delivered. That way you have the capital to refund consumers that want it.

These new owners have been left with nothing, they are building the company up from a negative position financially.

I have no doubt that they'll come good (or at least intend to) but they need to build the finances back up instead of buying the previous owner more Ferrari's.

There is very much a pre and post chapter to this business. Now sure, I'm only on the hook for one statue at the moment, so I'm not as bitter as most, however I like what they are trying to do and the direction they are headed.

These statues will get released, if the company is still standing, they'll pay those that want their refunds back and then they'll move on in a small niche market of the statue world and either keep doing what they love, expand, or fold. However as it stands the current predicament isn't on the current owners.

I hope this ends well for everyone and we can all move on because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
.... Heck yes, I'm done with this topic and I want my Transformer statues!!

I will at a minimum be getting the Skywarp statue, however they hinted on one of the social media thingies that if you bought all 3 as a bundle there would be a bonus.

I'm guessing that would be a coronation set for Starscream? Couldn't think what else it could be. Maybe Teleport parts for Skywarp and/or sonic waves for Thundercracker but I suspect that would be offering too much of an incentive if it was something for all 3.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #26
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

SW and TC were in the newsletter
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:07 PM   #27
ozboy
Birdman

I can tell they spent thousands of hours and all their art direction money on the variety of poses they used for these
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:58 AM   #28
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

If you buy either SW or TC you get King SS.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #29
MegatronG1
The X-Men

If there had been some differentiation in the blast effects and leg positioning, I would consider getting more than one. As it is, I can't double dip in what's the same statue at a whopping $750 each. At least with the toys, you can pose them.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #30
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

I think XM did something like this