Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #51
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
That was a mistake announcing a better pose than the one that's getting produced because expectations are already high because of it. Now that we get an inferior pose it's throwing people off.

In the current pose, I still like it, but would have preferred the announcement pic. I hope they include the lasso on her hip cuz if it is based off that reference art, then there will be no weapons!? What's an Amazonian woman w/out her weapons!?

Regardless, I'm excited for this cuz I'm sure it'll be a lot nicer looking painted. I hope they expand these out to the other main JLA members now....
I agree with most of your points but having a few WW pieces already I dont mind the odd one without the weapons for something different. It is kind of like how I am sick of the endless parade of Batman with Batarang pieces.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #52
Superman Falls
Doh!

Love the original art but I can see how this one will stand better with the existing statues. Though an early version I'm liking this is that bit more feminine than the still good SS statue that doesn't look 100% spot on for me. Very happy to stick with this line which is perfect so far.
Superman Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #53
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

This will definitely be ordered.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #54
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Personally, I like it a lot. It doesn't look like most Wonder Woman statues.

I'm sure Koto will knock this out of the park.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #55
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yeah, I disagree with some of the qualms people are having. She looks great to me.

From what I can tell, they've made her very pretty without focusing on sexy. It's a good balance between powerful and regal.

Also, not to step on anyone's toes, but as nicely done as Sideshow's trinity is from statue to statue, I think these have the capacity to form a much more cohesive, complimentary display when paired up. Both style and size contribute heavily to that opinion though.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #56
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post

Also, not to step on anyone's toes, but as nicely done as Sideshow's trinity is from statue to statue, I think these have the capacity to form a much more cohesive, complimentary display when paired up. Both style and size contribute heavily to that opinion though.

I agree, also it's going to look a bit funky when both bats and supes are fabric and WW is fully sculpted... she's going to look out of place IMO..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #57
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I agree, also it's going to look a bit funky when both bats and supes are fabric and WW is fully sculpted... she's going to look out of place IMO..
I also love the fact also that these DC Koto's do not need a base and if desired can stand on their own just fine..... Not to mention cheap price for a nice 1/6 piece
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #58
xploited
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Looks good, but what's with the slowdown on ARTFX pieces? The smaller scales don't interest me much.
xploited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #59
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I also love the fact also that these DC Koto's do not need a base and if desired can stand on their own just fine..... Not to mention cheap price for a nice 1/6 piece
*This.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:15 AM   #60
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Fabric looks fine next to fully sculpted statues.

Ivy is fully sculpted and she looks stunning along side Bats and Joker fabric PF, she does not look out of place.

Hulk is fully sculpted and is displayed along side Captain A and Thor fabric PF.

Etc.....

I am looking forward to painted Wonder Woman, I know app will be as good as Bats and Supes. Don't think we will see any weapons with Wonder Woman if Koto go by that Jim Lee sketch.

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote