Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-10-2020, 11:06 PM   #931
ryanrocks
Frackin!

@Frayhor, @VS1976, @ssrttoz, this is a big help for me to decide. i decided to Go with Cable. There lots of Magneto to choose from. While Regular Rogue is expensive in my country already (1,050 USD)... I'll just wait for XM Rogue..
ryanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:08 PM   #932
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Wow! This cat is huge compared to Mags ...as he should be. Very nice!

Looking really good, making it hard to resist. Hoping I can pick him up way down the line, as I don’t need the ex.

This X line is by far SS’s most ambitious in a long time, with no immediate end in sight. Once complete, and we have time to take it all in, it will be impressive.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #933
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Dammit, I was planning on getting X-23 for my next piece when some rewards points mature, but then I saw Gem Mint's unboxing yesterday and realized how cool this Cable is. I love the cybernetic arm, the ridiculously huge gun, the portals, the overall paint and sculpt, the Deadpool addition...surprised the EX is still available while the CE is sold out, but I'm not complaining. To take a page from ryanrocks, which piece do you think is more impressive in person?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:51 PM   #934
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Sorry can't help you, I don't own X-23, but I'm sure someone else will
Frayhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #935
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Dammit, I was planning on getting X-23 for my next piece when some rewards points mature, but then I saw Gem Mint's unboxing yesterday and realized how cool this Cable is. I love the cybernetic arm, the ridiculously huge gun, the portals, the overall paint and sculpt, the Deadpool addition...surprised the EX is still available while the CE is sold out, but I'm not complaining. To take a page from ryanrocks, which piece do you think is more impressive in person?
I have not seen x-23 in person but from what i understand she is a bit small (small character) so cable probably has more presence as its a huge piece with lots of detail while x-23 is probably more impressive from a dynamic point of view
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:45 PM   #936
qz33
Rescue

Good points. For X-23 though the pose is kinetic/dynamic, and superbly unique. The face is a beaut. Cable will be imposing but there are lots of statues that can hit his check boxes. So as always personal preference and personal collection rule. X-23 fans tends to get obsessive so she may hold value better than Cable which is already starting off at a higher price if selling later ever comes up. Can't get X-23's EX at retail though and her EX is directly impacts the character unlike Cable's EX so if the mask matters might want to hold out for the EX but hiding that face/expression is a crime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I have not seen x-23 in person but from what i understand she is a bit small (small character) so cable probably has more presence as its a huge piece with lots of detail while x-23 is probably more impressive from a dynamic point of view
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #937
srttoz
Mephisto

As far as presence goes Cable without a doubt. His size is intimidating and its a fantastic pose. Also its one of the best painted SS pieces I own. The texturing on every level is outstanding (looks like real metal, leather, cloth etc).
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:47 PM   #938
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Yeah, even though they come from the same line, they are very different pieces in terms of pose, size, and dynamics, so it's a bit of an apples/oranges comparison. I'm leaning towards Cable atm...thanks for the input so far everyone.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:22 AM   #939
AC_808
Hercules

Hmmm ...not sure if I can be of any help here. I actually like both Cable and X-23. I already have X-23 ...just need to get Cable next.

I do agree with the apples/oranges comparison, tho. Cause X-23 is quite dynamic and Cable is more museum pose. Still both are impressive and very well done.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:22 AM   #940
ryanrocks
Frackin!

@IcedDog, choose Cable.. hahaha

Thanks a lot everyone who helped me decide. I am very happy and exceeded my satisfaction with this Cable. The paint and quality is far better than the previous SS releases. A must get for Xmen fans
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200214025923_IMG_1003-01.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	128557  
ryanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote