Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #2001
dr_teng

Christopher Nolan: Director's Collection (Memento / Insomnia / Batman Begins / The Dark Knight / Inception) down to $24.49

Only having the first two Batman movies won't make much sense for people buying the trilogy set but if you're buying individuals, not bad!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #2002
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers & Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers are down to $7.99 from $14.99 @ amazon. Just the price I was waiting for, got mine. Happy Halloween to me.
Thanks, been waiting for these to drop in price. Now if only II & III would follow suit.

I've been hearing rumors lately that we should have a new version of the original on Blu-Ray next year for the 35th anniversary.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #2003
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Thanks, been waiting for these to drop in price. Now if only II & III would follow suit.

I've been hearing rumors lately that we should have a new version of the original on Blu-Ray next year for the 35th anniversary.
Yeah I want the Shout/Scream Factory II & III as well but am starting to wonder if they'll dip below $19.99 seeing as they're a smaller company.

I'd love to get a new BD of the original. The transfer could use some remastering. Plus I'd l'd love to see the pair of deleted scenes incorporated back into the film the way they were all the way back with the Criterion Laserdisc.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #2004
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I still have a metric ton of dvds, a good portion of which I've replaced with BDs by now.. those I felt deserved the treatment, anyways. I need to do this Best Buy shindiggery at some point.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #2005
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm having the same problem with BB's Trade & Save as I did last time. Their "in stock" inventory is an absolute joke. I have about 20 titles I'm in the market for and can't even find 5 of those in stores.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #2006
Marvelito

Quote:
Yeah I want the Shout/Scream Factory II & III as well but am starting to wonder if they'll dip below $19.99 seeing as they're a smaller company.

I'd love to get a new BD of the original. The transfer could use some remastering. Plus I'd l'd love to see the pair of deleted scenes incorporated back into the film the way they were all the way back with the Criterion Laserdisc.
I'm wondering the same about those and I'm kind of just ready to cave in and get them, but I'll wait until it gets a bit closer to Halloween.

The original has incorrect color timing on the current release, it's especially noticeable during the night scenes, so most of the movie. I'd love a fully loaded release with both versions of the film, theatrical and TV cut, as well as the JC commentary from the old Criterion laser. Hopefully we'll get something like that next year. In the mean time I still have my old special edition DVD which has all that good stuff.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #2007
Marvelito

Quote:
I'm having the same problem with BB's Trade & Save as I did last time. Their "in stock" inventory is an absolute joke. I have about 20 titles I'm in the market for and can't even find 5 of those in stores.
I have had a better time this time with my store's stock. I still need to go back again though.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #2008
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I'm wondering the same about those and I'm kind of just ready to cave in and get them, but I'll wait until it gets a bit closer to Halloween.
Yeah I think once these drop down to $19.99 again I'm going to snag them. I'd really like to watch them as part of my Halloween film marathon this month and to be honest I think I save enough on the majority of my other purchases to justify the $20 price tag on these.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #2009
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I have had a better time this time with my store's stock. I still need to go back again though.
Had better luck this evening. Only one store in my area had Cabin in the Woods and that was a must have for me @ $14.99 so I went there. Picked up Re-Animator for $9.99 and Titanic for $14.99 after using the coupon. No point trading in any more titles though because the rest of the BDs I'm interested in aren't available anywhere in store according to BB's website.

When all was said and done though I got 6 BDs and was able to trade in some HD DVDs that I'd doubled up on with BD so overall not a bad run.

Oh and on another note I scored Goldeneye and Diamonds are Forever finally after searching endlessly to no avail and WalMart being "Out of Stock" online since they were released. Just need Octopussy now and my Bond collection will be complete.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #2010
patrickwm68
The Flash

I was over at BB yesterday trading in some more DVD's and I noticed they had a few displays with $6.99 and $7.99 horror films including the Halloween movies on Blu Ray.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote