Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

In Foxboro, MA where the Patriots football team has a game at 4pm, town officials have already told parents to celebrate Halloween on Saturday due to traffic!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #22
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetThyReaper View Post
In an attempt to child-proof the holiday, they are taking away part of the mystique of Halloween. When I was a kid, I had a lot of fun knocking on people's doors and getting reactions to the costumes we were wearing. I would go out with my friends and cousins and hit as many houses as we could. It was a contest to get the most candy. Of course, my parents would chaperone and they'd tire out before we did. lol We would be out trick or treating until 10:30-11:00 at night!

Heck! My folks would take us trick or treating in the home neighborhood and then drive 5 mins over the bridge to my Grandma's house in Philly where we'd get even MORE places to trick or treat!

Each year that goes by, there are fewer and fewer kids out on the streets. They're safe-proofing the holiday with "junk in the trunk" events, where they have a "safe" party and kids can get as much candy as they want from the trunk of a parked cop car. This isn't just a holiday for the kids, but the kids at heart! The Halloween that I grew up experiencing is practically extinct. If this PC crap keeps going, my kids will never experience the same kind of Halloween that I used to. It's truly upsetting.

So who's to blame? Is is it the government? Is it the overprotective parents? Or is it the select few examples of IDIOTS who shoot trick or treaters when they knock on their door or who put razor blades in the candy? Perhaps it's a mixture of all of the above, but either way, the spirit of Halloween has been trampled on.

Y'know what....with the same logic that we're seeing today, why don't they have Black Friday early this year to prevent any idiotic fatalities to shoppers or store employees?

The holidays of yesteryears are no more---all that remains are empty shells of their once great traditions. You can quote me on that.

-MTR
ok
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #23
MeetThyReaper
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Haha....smartass! XD
MeetThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #24
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

i guess college football is more important than trick o treating?
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 AM   #25
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

in my area a lot of towns are going to saturday because sunday is for church. crazy crap we deal with in todays politically correct and anal world
Old 10-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #26
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUILTY GEAR View Post
i guess college football is more important than trick o treating?
Based on how Penn State's season has gone so far, that is surprising.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote