Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 03-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #151
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Thanks mate, I love it! You get my PM? Any chance you can rig up a better looking avatar with it?
Got the PM, working on it now.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #152
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Scottie sent that over from NYCC
He's the man!
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #153
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Got the PM, working on it now.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #154
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
He's the man!
He most certainly is
Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #155
Royd
Producer
Producer

Great thread - glad I stumbled across it finally! I usually just hang out at the Comic Art/Giclees section but saw Rocket's (aka Rod) post referring to the con thread and checked it out.

Loved the photos! Great to see pics of other SF Aussie members and put faces to names At least I'll know what you look like if we're able to catch up for lunch when I visit Melbourne 24-28 April.

I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the art "treasures" which Rod and Alex scored at the con - well done indeed! I was particularly impressed with the Havok piece by Whilce (congrats Rod) and the Jack of Hearts by David - awesome work!

This thread is making me look forward to Supanova Perth in July with Dave Gibbons as one of the main comic creator guests - woohoo! I was lucky to arrange a commission with him which I hope will be available for collection at the con.

And, since people are posting pics, here's one of me with the comic creator guests from Supanova Perth last year after we'd finished dinner (Left to Right - Howard Chaykin, Joe Jusko, Tim McEwen, Gary Chaloner, Me, David Yardin and Ben Templesmith at the back) -

And another photo, this one from San Diego Comic Con last year of my visit to John Byrne's home after the con -

Best,

Royd
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #156
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Great thread - glad I stumbled across it finally! I usually just hang out at the Comic Art/Giclees section but saw Rocket's (aka Rod) post referring to the con thread and checked it out.

Loved the photos! Great to see pics of other SF Aussie members and put faces to names At least I'll know what you look like if we're able to catch up for lunch when I visit Melbourne 24-28 April.

I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the art "treasures" which Rod and Alex scored at the con - well done indeed! I was particularly impressed with the Havok piece by Whilce (congrats Rod) and the Jack of Hearts by David - awesome work!

This thread is making me look forward to Supanova Perth in July with Dave Gibbons as one of the main comic creator guests - woohoo! I was lucky to arrange a commission with him which I hope will be available for collection at the con.

And, since people are posting pics, here's one of me with the comic creator guests from Supanova Perth last year after we'd finished dinner (Left to Right - Howard Chaykin, Joe Jusko, Tim McEwen, Gary Chaloner, Me, David Yardin and Ben Templesmith at the back) -

And another photo, this one from San Diego Comic Con last year of my visit to John Byrne's home after the con -

Best,

Royd
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111

Royd my man!!!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello mate, and thanks again for the pics and kind words!! Don't be a stranger around the Aussie Section mate Wow, you went to Byrne's house!! Must have been awesome!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #157
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Rod,

No problem mate, I hope to see the Havok in person one day - maybe when I come over to Melbourne during 24-28 April

As for San Diego Comic Con last year and my post-con visit to John Byrne's place - it was a truly memorable experience (big thanks to my good mate Jim Warden for arranging it!). John was a gracious and considerate host and took pleasure in showing me around his amazing home.

I took quite a few photos of John's incredible collection of comic-related "stuff" including original art, action figures, statues, etc. You can see the photos here - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=64631

There's also photos of dinner with Playboy Playmates and models from the San Diego trip (all safe for work ). Oh yeah, there's a few photos of some comic artist types as well Those can be seen here - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=64609

Best,

Royd

Quote:
Royd my man!!!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello mate, and thanks again for the pics and kind words!! Don't be a stranger around the Aussie Section mate Wow, you went to Byrne's house!! Must have been awesome!!!

Last edited by Royd; 04-02-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Got links mixed up - corrected.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #158
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Hey Rod,

No problem mate, I hope to see the Havok in person one day - maybe when I come over to Melbourne during 24-28 April

As for San Diego Comic Con last year and my post-con visit to John Byrne's place - it was a truly memorable experience (big thanks to my good mate Jim Warden for arranging it!). John was a gracious and considerate host and took pleasure in showing me around his amazing home.

I took quite a few photos of John's incredible collection of comic-related "stuff" including original art, action figures, statues, etc. You can see the photos here - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=64631

There's also photos of dinner with Playboy Playmates and models from the San Diego trip (all safe for work ). Oh yeah, there's a few photos of some comic artist types as well Those can be seen here - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=64609

Best,

Royd
Gonna check those links out for sure
Old 04-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #159
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Thanks guys! All the pics of you and the fun you were having put a smile on my face this morning.

I would give anything to enjoy a CON with you mates one of these days!

And I must add!

The commissions you guys got were amazing. I am not just saying this, but they are some of the greatest CON sketches I have ever seen. And I have seen my fair share! Bravo! Great Scores!!!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #160
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post
Thanks guys! All the pics of you and the fun you were having put a smile on my face this morning.

I would give anything to enjoy a CON with you mates one of these days!

And I must add!

The commissions you guys got were amazing. I am not just saying this, but they are some of the greatest CON sketches I have ever seen. And I have seen my fair share! Bravo! Great Scores!!!

VR
You are too kind Paddy!! One day we shall share a con experience, and us Aussies will discover firsthand how you got your "life of the party" reputation!!