Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
SONICobra
Batman

BATMAN: last knight on earth

im sure this will raise a few eyebrows, dc's next entry into the black label series will be the last batman story collaboration between snyder and capullo. i think its funny and sad dc will never be able to distance themselves from dick jokes regarding the black label books. either way for better or worse, im in

Quote:
Earlier today, the official DC Comics twitter account debuted the cover to the much-anticipated three-part story about a young Bruce Wayne trekking across a post-apocalyptic landscape with the Joker’s severed head in tow. Or at least that’s as much as we can surmise from what little has been said about the mysterious project.

Originally, the saga was pitched as “Batman wakes up in a desert. He doesn’t know what year it is or how the Joker’s head is alive in a jar beside him, but it’s the beginning of a quest unlike anything the Dark Knight has undertaken before. In this strange future, villains are triumphant and society has liberated itself from the burden of ethical codes. Fighting to survive while in search of answers, Bruce Wayne uncovers the truth about his role in this new world—and begins the last Batman story ever told.”

Now, however, the official synopsis reads “Bruce Wayne wakes up in Arkham Asylum. Young. Sane. And…he was never Batman. So begins this sprawling tale of the Dark Knight as he embarks on a quest through a devastated DC landscape featuring a massive cast of familiar fates from the DC Universe. As he tries to piece together the mystery of his past, he must unravel the cause of this terrible future and track down the unspeakable force that destroyed the world as he knew it. This could be the last Batman story ever told.”

Issue #1 is expected to hit shelves on May 29th, and since it is being released under DC’s Black Label, you can expect heightened violence, foul language, and, if it’s anything like Batman: Damned, Bruce’s “Johnson” as well.
https://batman-news.com/2019/02/18/d...ight-on-earth/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	last-knight.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	121102  
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

So latest thing you americans call to your penises is ''johnson'' huh ? good to know... Dick used to be popular, soon it will be jack, then joe then john then barry, wally, hal, rupert...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #3
Mister H
Green Goblin

Sounds like a mixture of Old Man Logan and a little bit of the Rune King Thor storyline. I’m down for it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Sounds like a mixture of Old Man Logan and a little bit of the Rune King Thor storyline. I’m down for it.
I don't know Rune King Thor, but Old Man Logan was a total rip off from The Dark Knight Returns...
Old 02-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't know Rune King Thor, but Old Man Logan was a total rip off from The Dark Knight Returns...
thats a bit of a stretch, apart from the main characters being old they dont have much in common
Old 02-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
thats a bit of a stretch, apart from the main characters being old they dont have much in common
Hawkeye is like Green Arrow only has more role but you can certainlly see the ideas. Hulk vs Wolverine in the end like Superman vs Batman And writter himself admits that he took from Frank Miller... I haven't read Old Man Logan yet but you don't need to read it to see where the ideas come from.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #7
SONICobra
Batman

hmm i suppose i can see those parallels but the stories themselves are so wildly different it doesnt seem like a total rehash or anything. the beginning of old man logan is so brutal and insane that alone sets it apart to me
Old 02-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #8
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
So latest thing you americans call to your penises is ''johnson'' huh ? good to know... Dick used to be popular, soon it will be jack, then joe then john then barry, wally, hal, rupert...
Actually, this term has been around for decades.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:47 AM   #9
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Actually, this term has been around for decades.
Ofcourse i don't live in America so i don't know but i hear johnson for the first time...