Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #11
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry man, I don't follow the GR thread and the last time I commented on GR being a SOTY candidate, bmutha corrected me and said it was not eligible.
It wasn't going to be. In the past, very few statues get released in December. This year, it seems that several companies had many great releases in December...so, since we were already running behind, there was time to make the adjustment. Going forward, we'll likely stick with a mid to late December cutoff.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #12
Gollum
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Well I'm going to complaint about the rest. There is no way in hell Spider-Man was better then the other statues I listed that did not even get mentioned. Mysterio, black bolt, DD and medusa are 100x better then Spider-Man and I own all of them.
I agree with you 100% that XM Mysterio, XM Black Bolt and XM Daredevil are better but this isn't' a XM only awards it's only fair that a company get a maximum of three statues in each category.

XM is my favourite but many collectors still haven't seen a XM piece in the flesh so it's only fair for a company like Sideshow to have Red Sonja, Captain Marvel and Spider - Man which are also extremely high quality statues
Gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #13
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
I agree with you 100% that XM Mysterio, XM Black Bolt and XM Daredevil are better but this isn't' a XM only awards it's only fair that a company get a maximum of three statues in each category.

XM is my favourite but many collectors still haven't seen a XM piece in the flesh so it's only fair for a company like Sideshow to have Red Sonja, Captain Marvel and Spider - Man which are also extremely high quality statues
Old 01-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #14
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

This is so rigged. Both my comments about GR making it to this years list got deleted on two other threads.

Seems like the window was extended to include Ghostrider. Rules 'were' rules.
People creating this award are decided what they want to win by bending the window rule. Instead of the 1st of Dec 2015 to the 30th Nov 2016 they extended it till the 25th Dec.

Even if other statues were coming out later on, it shouldnt matter. Rules are rules. Statues come out every month and like Bmutha once stated there is always next year but im guessing they couldnt resist.

seems biased, jibbed and rigged.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #15
Lockdown
Mephisto

I made my mind earlier that Darkness should win SOTY, but since I got XM Batman Samurai in hand, I voted for Bats. The theme and challenge XM did for this is just amazing, its fits Batman perfectly, and the final product came out beautifully done. This a 9.8/10 and definitive Batman for me in my opinion, and I wasn't interested in anything Bats related. I wouldn't even want to trade the Darkness or Ghostrider with Bats, not even Magneto.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #16
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
This is so rigged. Both my comments about GR making it to this years list got deleted on two other threads.

People creating this award are decided what they want to win by bending the window rule. Instead of the 1st of Dec 2015 to the 30th Nov 2016 they extended it till the 25th Dec.

Even if other statues were coming out later on, it shouldnt matter. Rules are rules. Statues come out every month and like Bmutha once stated there is always next year but im guessing they couldnt resist.

Go run your own forum and award polls.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #17
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Extending the deadline also allowed SS's red sonja and Captain Marvel to be included so I don't get the -----ing.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #18
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:

Bmutha just explained why the rules were changed this year. People have been complaining non-stop about December releases not being included, and now that they changed it to include December releases people are now complaining about that? Captain Marvel is easily one of Sideshows best releases this year and she was a December release. So this change means Sideshow have benefited equally as she has also been included. It never made sense that a "Statue of the Year" award didn't include releases from the whole year. I'm glad it's been changed for good.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #19
Bmutha

Quote:

Yes, clearly we want Ghost Rider to win this year instead of next year, so we make stuff up as we go...

Did you read the FAQ post? I assume not, since we address it there.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:47 PM   #20
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Extending the deadline also allowed SS's red sonja and Captain Marvel to be included so I don't get the -----ing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Bmutha just explained why the rules were changed this year. People have been complaining non-stop about December releases not being included, and now that they changed it to include December releases people are now complaining about that? Captain Marvel is easily one of Sideshows best releases this year and she was a December release. So this change means Sideshow have benefited equally as she has also been included. It never made sense that a "Statue of the Year" award didn't include releases from the whole year. I'm glad it's been changed for good.

The last two years, December has been a dead zone for releases, so we could safely cut off at end of November to prepare. This year, there was an overwhelming number of December releases (and great ones by many companies), it didn't make sense not to include them and likely only create confusion.