Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
toe
Alpha Flight

Iron Studios are also doing 1/7 and they are great size, detailed, and priced really well. So, good move by XM but damn still expensive. Wish they have a distributor here in USA. With the 1/7th, will it be a worldwide license then? I mean, i think Iron Studios has 1/7th but not sure about their licensing boundaries.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:49 PM   #22
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I did read it and I never said they weren’t doing fine. I said I think they are making less $ than they were.
Didn't know you read it...my apologies.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #23
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
Iron Studios are also doing 1/7 and they are great size, detailed, and priced really well. So, good move by XM but damn still expensive. Wish they have a distributor here in USA. With the 1/7th, will it be a worldwide license then? I mean, i think Iron Studios has 1/7th but not sure about their licensing boundaries.
1/7th line is not worldwide. SS has foothold on pretty much most scales for DC and Marvel and many other licenses.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #24
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
I have never seen Iron Studios do 1/7. Do you mean 1/6?
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #25
aa909
The Green Hornet

Wow a ton of replies in such a short period. Surprised by the level of enthusiasm.

Sounds like most folks who have responded are quite excited about the new XM 1/6 and 1/7 lines. Would you say you are getting priced out of the 1/4 statues or have you always been focused on collecting smaller scale pieces?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #26
Augen
Metal Men

I would have preferred 1:4 or 1:3 scale for DC line as guessing I'll only buy 2-3 (including Wonder Woman) pieces from it.

That said, the 1:6 look amazing so happy to get it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #27
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I’m excited about the 1/6 line. There are a lot of characters I’d like from the DC universe and Sideshow is wasting that license in my opinion. Plus 1/4 is too expensive now anyway.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:40 PM   #28
KELPIE
New Republic

Nope, it's a great move.

I'd be really happy if they made Transformer statues at a comparable size to these 1/7 statues.

Though I guess it's something that shouldn't be confused, aren't the alternate Marvel scales being done by another company and XM is only helping them out?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:04 AM   #29
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

After seeing what Tweeterhead’s doing with their Adam West line and Super Powers collection other company’s would be fools not dive into those size markets.

As others have said 1/4 isn’t what it used to be. Hell I'm a newer collector and even I see that.

Me personally, I can afford the statues. I just don’t have enough room so I have to be selective. Smaller scale will allow me to own more.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:23 AM   #30
built2shred
Phoenix

Given SS has a lock on most world wide 1/4 scale licenses, it doesn't give XM many options as far as world wide licenses go... I think They're smart to grab the DC 1:6 license before SS could... As for the 1:7, I believe XM is in partnership with another company

Saying XM jumped the shark is implying they've run out of ideas or are becoming mediocrity in their designs, I don't think that's true, out of all the companies I think XM is the most imaginative and inventive, sure not all their sculpts are going to wow everyone but at least they're trying new stuff, Sideshow and Prime 1 are pretty much stuck in a rut of just doing Museum poses... Sure there are some exceptions here or there but I really don't see them pushing the envelope all that often...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote