Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #91
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Trailer for S2 looks amazing!

https://youtu.be/jrLhP5sK2wI

I’m sure this’ll be canceled too once this airs, which will mark the end of my Netflix account.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #92
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Not Interested. Loved Season 1, and was really excited and anticipating Jigsaw, one of my favorite villains in Marvel, for the second season but they butchered his appearance for the show.

Take notes Marvel/Netflix. You should be ashamed. This is how he should have looked.

Not this travesty. He's still a pretty boy that's just had a fight with a load of cats. What a load of tosh

samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #93
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I agree, he should’ve looked more messed up. That said I loved what they did with the character in S1 and let’s be honest, this isn’t a straight adaptation anyways so I can accept some liberties being taken in certain areas as long as the writing and acting remain strong.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #94
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I agree, he should’ve looked more messed up. That said I loved what they did with the character in S1 and let’s be honest, this isn’t a straight adaptation anyways so I can accept some liberties being taken in certain areas as long as the writing and acting remain strong.
It's not about having an accurate adaptation of Jigsaw, but being realistic about the result of such a bloody beatdown. He was

1.) Shot in the face
2.) Beaten to a pulp
3.) Thrown into a glass mirror - side of face first.
4.) Used a broken glass mirror like Cheese grater on his face
5.) Face rammed into broken glass mirror x10
6.) Has the back of his head kicked sending him straight into the broken glass mirror face first, , this time resulting in multiple glass shards stuck in his face, protruding from his mutilated skin.

And all we get is a few scars which look like he had a fight with a cat litter.

No amount of plastic surgery would get him looking how he is, from the beating he took in the finale.

I can appreciate personal interpretation, but not illogical decision making.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #95
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Loved the first season but knowing this show is going to also get cancelled makes me want to not bother watching. Freaking sucks.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:30 AM   #96
Tushar
Hellboy

I usually avoid trailers and promotional material, so I wasn't aware what they did (didn't do?) to Jigsaw. They drag out his face reveal for four episodes, and when I'm expecting some Dark-Knight two-face levels of damage, it looks like he cut his cheek shaving.

That major disappointment aside, I liked this season better than all the season 2s we got last year: those of JJ, IF and LC. Daredevil S3 is still the best follow-up yet, but this Punisher S2 definitely coms right after that.

Not a bad way to go out.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #97
Mister H
Gen 13

Netflix Punisher is ok at best. Season 1 really drug out. Bernthal, no matter how good of a tough guy actor he is, is a little weenie. Dude’s not Frank Castle material.....just my opinion though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #98
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Netflix Punisher is ok at best. Season 1 really drug out..
All of these Netflix series were for the most part boring lots of mundane drudgery, you have to sift through until something vaguely exciting happens.
With Daredevil season 2 being an exception. Punisher season 1 could have been a done in 2 parts an hour and a half long each. Iron Fist and Luke Cage (didn't even bother with season 2 of either of them.) could have been condensed into an hour and a half specials.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #99
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Netflix Punisher is ok at best. Season 1 really drug out. Bernthal, no matter how good of a tough guy actor he is, is a little weenie. Dude’s not Frank Castle material.....just my opinion though.
Agreed. Frank was such a "chirper" in this Netflix version. He talked more in the 1st season than he's talked in all of his comics. I like my Punisher quiet, brooding, & always ready to explode. I remember in his Daredevil' netflix' introduction, Castle actually cried on the witness stand of his trial. Really? Frank Castle chirping like a Spring Sparrow ... & crying??? Not my Punisher. I know it rather sucked, but Ray Stevenson's Punisher is still the best version of Frank, along with it's Jigsaw.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #100
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Agree. Punisher Warzone is one of the best straight comic book adaptions straight to film but was ill received. I give season 2 8/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote