Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #1181
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I hope the helmet has the metal look, it's hard to tell so far. Imo Iron Studios Wolverine vs Juggernaut it appears the helmet could be mistaken for wood.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:42 AM   #1182
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I don’t think “supposed to” is accurate. He is drawn with spandex more often than anything else.
This, I don't want a "Tank"-Juggernaut.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #1183
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I hope the helmet has the metal look, it's hard to tell so far. Imo Iron Studios Wolverine vs Juggernaut it appears the helmet could be mistaken for wood.
That piece was a huge let down imo. Just some bad design choices with the plastic pieces and especially Wolverine head and Juggs helmet. The paint finish was entry level too. Really ruined the piece for me.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #1184
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

All IS dios contain plastic I think they deserve some credit giving us intriquit dioramas . They are big and interesting in endless sea of A list Captain Morgan’s.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #1185
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
That piece was a huge let down imo. Just some bad design choices with the plastic pieces and especially Wolverine head and Juggs helmet. The paint finish was entry level too. Really ruined the piece for me.
Do you own the piece or see it in person?

It’s one of my favorite statues, very comic accurate. Wolverines portraits were what I was worried about from pictures and pictures don’t do the portraits justice, they both look good in person.

It’s my Girlfriends favorite statue I own as well (not that she into statues or comics) but just saying, it’s an impressive piece to those who see it in person.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:48 PM   #1186
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post

It’s one of my favorite statues, very comic accurate. Wolverines portraits were what I was worried about from pictures and pictures don’t do the portraits justice, they both look good in person.

It’s my Girlfriends favorite statue I own as well (not that she into statues or comics) but just saying, it’s an impressive piece to those who see it in person.
Funny. Same with my girlfriend. Okay... this dio is not her favorite but she said its impressive and a great interpretation of a comic version. And she is quite critical with statues. I dont denied it to bought this great diorama.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #1187
leplant
Deadman

I love dioramas, and this one is right up there with the best of what I have in my collection
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #1188
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post

I owned it and returned it, my base came broken and I was very let down with the plastic heads and lack of detail in the paint app.
It is a very cool statue still, just not what I was hoping for.
Yes, I have the Bane VS Batman and it is a great statue as well. The cape on Batman is plastic and I do give them credit for the design and engineering. But I feel that they still could have went stone. I think they just played it safe, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but proper packaging would solve any fragile cast issues. XM nailed it with their packaging, I wish other companies followed suit.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #1189
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
I owned it and returned it, my base came broken and I was very let down with the plastic heads and lack of detail in the paint app.
It is a very cool statue still, just not what I was hoping for.
Yes, I have the Bane VS Batman and it is a great statue as well. The cape on Batman is plastic and I do give them credit for the design and engineering. But I feel that they still could have went stone. I think they just played it safe, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but proper packaging would solve any fragile cast issues. XM nailed it with their packaging, I wish other companies followed suit.

I understand what you mean but I know for a fact I would have not received this piece damage free without those plastic pieces and to me in this case it’s fine.

XM does have some fantastic packaging. My Storm portrait still arrived damaged. Prime 1’s green lantern had some of the most impressive packaging I’ve received, also arrived with a damaged portrait.

That’s not to say I’ll always be okay with companies playing it safe. Definitely didn’t buy the pvc swampthing. In this case though it made sense to me and wasn’t excessive, neither was Batman’s cape in that dio.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:16 PM   #1190
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I am sorry to hear that the base of your Wolverine vs Juggernaut dio was broken Ryanbusts.
I recently picked up this dio at my LCS and I am very pleased with it. It is one big behemoth of a diorama and I love the sheer size and weight of Juggernaut anf the cool, Original base (broken stairway).
I realize that being a Juggernaut fan may cloud my judgment but IMHO this diorama is truly awesome since it makes you experience a comic book encounter between Juggernaut and the X-Men in 3D if you know what I mean.
Look at this dio and you can almost hear Juggernaut's earth shattering punch and Wolverine's angry battle cry.

I believe the upcoming Juggernaut Maquette will be just as cool and impressive and i would not be surprised if it would raise the bar to all new Heights.

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote