Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #21
Vallos
Jubilee

I am fine with the omission of the running mascara, as I doubt it can be reproduced at the factory level.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #22
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

I really like the statue, except for the transparent grey hair. Not a fan of that at all. Is this confirmed to be 1/4 scale?

Anyone know what the other planned 1/4 releases are? Any plans to issue Medusa in 1/4?
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #23
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
She needs to be paler and have white hair. No tears?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Bluer eyes too.... !!
Very Sexy Piece, I agree on paler skin and bluer eyes, the hair either way IMO and no tears, can take it or leave it
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
Jayden
Blue Falcon

Still a pretty sweet looking statue. Just not sure though if it's screaming "MUST HAVE" at the moment.

I think there are better pieces of Royo's work that would translate stunningly into statue form. This one does feel rather timid compared to previous ones.

The sculptor though did an amazing job on this one though.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #25
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

This is an awesome piece, I love this series!! If she's confirmed to be 1/4 scale I'm so putting the £££ on the table for this (maybe two)......really hope this is the shape of things to come from Yamato, hell I wish the Sideshow Star Wars line was this good....ah, maybe not, I'd be broke and my wife would have left me.

Regarding the piece, I can find no fault with it. I think she looks perfect as is. I always consider the accompanying artwork to be something of a guide and not something that has to be emulated to the enth degree. Simply put, I love everything about how this sculpt looks.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #26
Vallos
Jubilee

I concur, Silas. It's fine the way it is, and a definite purchase for me. That is if it's 1:4 scale and in resin, which Yamato has not indicated. I am done with the 1:6 scale and PVC statues.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #27
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

If she looks like that but is 1/6 and PVC, I'd still be tempted! Yamato have proved their ability to deliver outstanding quality in PVC....don't get me wrong, I would prefer 1/4 Polystone (Resin) but....if she's under 1/6 scale, then I don't care if she's PVC, Resin, or Gold, I won't bother with her.....which would be such a shame.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #28
Vallos
Jubilee

That is very true, Silas. My adverse proclimation to PVC has more to do with keeping my line consistant, not to metnion that I simply prefer resin, than anything else. I have several of their PVC statues and they are done rather well, so if they happen to make this only in PVC and in 1:4, then I may bite. So far, they have never done a 1:4 scale PVC statue, so based on that, if this is done in PVC it's going to be 1:6. That is the ultimate deal breaker for me. Having said all of that, I sincerily believe this is going to be in 1:4.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #29
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Wouldn't a 1/4 scale PVC statue be much more suceptible to leaning and warping? I'll pass on anything PVC regardless of the size. For some reason, paint just looks different on a PVC statue. It looks more synthetic or something.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #30
Vallos
Jubilee

I'm not familiar with the ills of PVC, so if that is the case, then count me out.