Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #11
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quick video of painting Nariko

https://instagram.com/p/144sN6vRlG/
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #12
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

damn amazing statue, don't know the char but its sick looking.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #13
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
damn amazing statue, don't know the char but its sick looking.
If you don'tf feel like playing here are the cutscenes to get acquainted. They also made a CG movie last year which I haven't seen yet because I heard it was bad. I'll check it out one day though when I'm bored.

https://youtu.be/YS7sFIWDvIc

https://youtu.be/oPEidxh44v0
Old 07-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #14
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yeah the game was....Eh...at best and Nariko really wasn't a great character....so yeah does nothing for me.

It does however give me faith that some other more obscure characters could be made.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:33 PM   #15
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
If you don'tf feel like playing here are the cutscenes to get acquainted. They also made a CG movie last year which I haven't seen yet because I heard it was bad. I'll check it out one day though when I'm bored.

https://youtu.be/YS7sFIWDvIc

https://youtu.be/oPEidxh44v0
Saw the movie on Netflix streaming. It's alright. A lot of reviews complain about the CG. As a direct to video it's ok, but there are points where it was poorly rendered, but that's what one gets with a limited bufget.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #16
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
It really sucks they never made a sequel. It's been years since I played it but I still remember loving it. I remember when it was coming out people were calling it "Goddess of War". Unfortunately the gameplay wasn't that great but the story, voice acting and visuals helped make up for it. I hope this goes thru and more importantly that HMO can match or at least come close to this proto.
I didn't care for the gameplay. She can't jump and has limited moves. The minibosses and boss fights were bad as the only way to defeat each was to learn the one trick. The use of the six axis was bad (blame Sony for that). And the game was too short (blame Sony for that too as this was an early PS3 and I think development got cut short).

Great visuals, intereting story and it had a lot of potential. Just looks like they ran out of time and money. Shame. I wish there was sequel so it could be done right.

Always thought Nariko had an intersting look and the only collectible I know of was a DC Direct action figure. I am surprised that a Japanese small scale PVC statue was never done.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:13 AM   #17
mufizal
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I didn't care for the gameplay. She can't jump and has limited moves. The minibosses and boss fights were bad as the only way to defeat each was to learn the one trick. The use of the six axis was bad (blame Sony for that). And the game was too short (blame Sony for that too as this was an early PS3 and I think development got cut short).

Great visuals, intereting story and it had a lot of potential. Just looks like they ran out of time and money. Shame. I wish there was sequel so it could be done right.

Always thought Nariko had an intersting look and the only collectible I know of was a DC Direct action figure. I am surprised that a Japanese small scale PVC statue was never done.
Not trying to deviate from teh topic . but
http://www.hellblade.com/
that's the spiritual successor to heavenly sword made by the same company that did H.Sword. and it look amazing

Mufizal
mufizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #18
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

completed the game.. love the story. will get this when its released along with the devil may cry.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #19
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufizal View Post
Not trying to deviate from teh topic . but
http://www.hellblade.com/
that's the spiritual successor to heavenly sword made by the same company that did H.Sword. and it look amazing

Mufizal
Oh wow. When I first saw this , I immediately thought of Heavenly Sword. I didn't realize that it was from the same company. The girl looks just like Kai from Heavenly Sword. The narrator sounds like Nariko. Going to keep my eyes on this game.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:10 PM   #20
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post

It's been such a long time since I played this game that I forgot she couldn't jump lol.
It was flawed and like you said it probably had cut/rushed development in order to get it out for PS3 launch window. Regardless I had fun playing it and always liked Nariko's design. I just hope the production piece can match this gorgeous proto.