Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-25-2024, 10:37 PM   #14111
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Confirmed. I don't even know how to access my short term rewards.

The last time I tried, only the reward that are good for 1 year showed up at check out.

Just check again, and my short term rewards are still not coming up at check out, I asked in the facebook group and they stated that they will appear automatically after you make a purchase.

Guess I will find out soon if this is truth or not.
The short-term rewards aren't actually a separate bucket of rewards that can be applied, it all goes into your main "Available Balance". It simply shows up separately to highlight the expiration date. If you were to apply $5 of rewards to an item right now, it should automatically use the short-term money first (or whatever rewards are expiring soonest)...at least that's what happened when I used $25 of rewards late last year, the short term section was cleared out.

Last edited by IcedDog; 01-25-2024 at 10:53 PM.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 11:35 PM   #14112
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

If this is how it’s going to be going forward, then chances are, my days of even bothering to add them to my account are over.

Due to the shipping costs to Australia, I have to knock off 50% (if not even more) of the items cost before it’s even worth it to me, as I can already save that much just by ordering locally.

Though I should be satisfied with the 5 ‘free’ 1/6 figures I’ve been able to score these past 3 years. Not too bad, and all I had to pay was for shipping.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 01:18 AM   #14113
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
The short-term rewards aren't actually a separate bucket of rewards that can be applied, it all goes into your main "Available Balance". It simply shows up separately to highlight the expiration date. If you were to apply $5 of rewards to an item right now, it should automatically use the short-term money first (or whatever rewards are expiring soonest)...at least that's what happened when I used $25 of rewards late last year, the short term section was cleared out.
Thanks for explaining this IcedDog. I wish I had understood that the last time, I let those rewards expire unfortunately.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 01:46 AM   #14114
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Thanks for explaining this IcedDog. I wish I had understood that the last time, I let those rewards expire unfortunately.
Sure thing...I was a little confused at first about how it was handled. The question now is, how many rewards given out this year will expire in far less than a year?
Old 01-26-2024, 02:52 AM   #14115
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Those points shouldn't expire in the first place, sideshow really needs to change this already.
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 03:39 AM   #14116
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Those points shouldn't expire in the first place, sideshow really needs to change this already.
Hey man, you're preachin' to the choir, but I think that ship has sailed I believe Sideshow put expiration dates on rewards starting in 2022 IIRC, and I can't imagine they have any incentive to reverse course.
Old 01-26-2024, 02:13 PM   #14117
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I can also confirm this as of the middle of last Dec. I had to use the expiring Phony Phantoms points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
If this is how it?s going to be going forward, then chances are, my days of even bothering to add them to my account are over.
I can see this on the horizon for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Quote:
Hey man, you're preachin' to the choir, but I think that ship has sailed I believe Sideshow put expiration dates on rewards starting in 2022 IIRC, and I can't imagine they have any incentive to reverse course.
From a marketing side, it makes since for them. It taps into that FOMO mentality and pushes that urgency to buy (which they seem to be praying on from a lot of angles lately). From the business aspect, I understand and kinda respect their hustle. From the consumer side, I strongly dislike it and it's another straw to add to the pile of what potentially keeps me from buying. From a numbers perspective, I'm sure they're fine with losing an older collector to snag a few wide-eyed newer collectors.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 04:56 PM   #14118
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

One more $1
Old 01-26-2024, 05:15 PM   #14119
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
One more $1