Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #781
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
^ This. I’ve always been a fan of JL’s art but he gets a bit crazy with the character’s anatomy. When you bulk the character’s body up the way he does the heads tend to suffer from the Beetlejuice effect. Superman is even worse.

Crazy thing is, as much as I’m trying to like this piece, it just isn’t working for me. A character like Superman should be ripped but Batman should be a bit less defined, at least that’s how I prefer him. I don’t need to see every muscle bulging out of his suit like it was spray painted on him. I’ll probably get egged here for saying this but I’m starting to think JL’s work just doesn’t translate into a three dimensional medium well.

I agree 100%. This Batman looks way too much like a bodybuilder for my tastes.
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:34 PM   #782
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
Always been a fan of Jim Lee’s art... just not his Batman, or at least certain aspects of how he draws the character. With that said I think this piece looks great.... except the tiny head. WTF is going on with this and the Superman Hush statues tiny head problem (the Superman statue is almost laughable... no disrespect to artist)?

What are the chances they will listen to fan feedback and alter the size of the head? I haven’t read the different posts in the Superman or Batman Hush threads. Has there been any type of comment or response back from Prime One on this? Have they made adjustments in the past?

It would be a significant improvement and one I believe will translate to more sales, and more importantly maintaining the quality of their overall brand.
They have made changes to pieces in the past (one example is the 1/2 scale Wonder Woman that looks absolutely amazing now). I suppose the issue would have to be brought up on their Facebook page since I'm unsure if they read the posts on the forum (but they probably do).

I wouldn't be opposed to the head sculpts being made slightly bigger if that would make it more anatomically correct just as long as they don't mess with the musculature of the rest of the body because this piece is absolutely stunning as it is...
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #783
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
^ This. I’ve always been a fan of JL’s art but he gets a bit crazy with the character’s anatomy. When you bulk the character’s body up the way he does the heads tend to suffer from the Beetlejuice effect. Superman is even worse.

Crazy thing is, as much as I’m trying to like this piece, it just isn’t working for me. A character like Superman should be ripped but Batman should be a bit less defined, at least that’s how I prefer him. I don’t need to see every muscle bulging out of his suit like it was spray painted on him. I’ll probably get egged here for saying this but I’m starting to think JL’s work just doesn’t translate into a three dimensional medium well.
I'm not "egging" you as I respect your opinion but I have to say again that the perfectly sculpted bulging muscles are the reason that I ordered this one. There are so many Batman statues out there but nothing like this. Great action pose (even though some don't like it) and amazing muscularity. Just my opinion but this piece has really gotten me excited for the hobby again! If the rest of this line is sculpted as nicely, it is going to be a very expensive year for me!
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #784
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
I suppose the issue would have to be brought up on their Facebook page since I'm unsure if they read the posts on the forum (but they probably do).
I really don't think so.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #785
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
I'm not "egging" you as I respect your opinion but I have to say again that the perfectly sculpted bulging muscles are the reason that I ordered this one. There are so many Batman statues out there but nothing like this. Great action pose (even though some don't like it) and amazing muscularity. Just my opinion but this piece has really gotten me excited for the hobby again! If the rest of this line is sculpted as nicely, it is going to be a very expensive year for me!

Now .. bring on the son of Jor-El!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #786
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWEN NUT View Post
I agree 100%. This Batman looks way too much like a bodybuilder for my tastes.

This Batman Hush by Prime 1 is just soooooooooooo damn sick!
That's it that's all.
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:15 AM   #787
Vendetta
The X-Men

I've really come around on this piece - I was really hyped before it was revealed, was underwhelmed when I saw it at TCC because the Superman next to it had so much presence comparatively, and now I'm really liking it again after looking at pictures of it posed in front of Superman instead of side-by-side.

I'm more than likely in for the Poison Ivy companion piece too as I really like the character and because the IA concept looked very good; Huntress will really have to wow me though to get me to consider buying her though.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:43 AM   #788
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I totally understand. From a pure anatomy sculpture standpoint it’s amazing outside of the somewhat shrunken head. For me it’s just a personal preference in how I like my favorite comic book character depicted. On the printed page the bulked up look JL delivered didn’t bother me as much. That said it did still feel different comparatively speaking given how Batman had been drawn throughout most of his history. In 3D statue form I think JL’s anatomically perfect character renditions just bother me more.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #789
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to the head sculpts being made slightly bigger if that would make it more anatomically correct just as long as they don't mess with the musculature of the rest of the body because this piece is absolutely stunning as it is...
CAN someone bring this up to them on facebook? i was planning on doing my own thing but would be nice if i didnt have to
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:53 AM   #790
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Where's forps?! Where's CBG?!
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote