Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #61
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Still dont like black bases. I would prefer dark gray even to black. All the cheapest, junkiest anime figures I have are given plain black bases. Its just too much of a continuity break imo to go from colorful statue to black base. Its a harsher color contrast. Makes it feel unfinished or like an afterthought. Also feels unnatural as most ground/flooring isnt jet black. At least with grays you have sidewalks, streets, concrete, or spaceship flooring.

Example Yamato Noir Kirika with a gray base I’ve never had a problem with. Then somebody stuck her on a black base and ughh

FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #62
SAB380
The X-Men

I would have preferred the whole thing be in 1/6 and a dio that has them seated around the dining/couch area
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #63
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Im pretty happy with everything else. I like that they can be lined up kind of like the police lineup artwork. These will look awesome with a brick wall behind them. I dont mind the simpleness, just the black. The sculpts look like winners also. If we could just get a tiiiiny bit of attention to the base over just black I’ll be super satisfied. They liked my facebook post so they might work something out. I’ll trust them to come up with something cool or do what works best. Theyre ordered regardless.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:48 PM   #64
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Noir <3

I remember when we watched this and first heard Ari Project... my mind was blown.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:26 AM   #65
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

2 of the favorites that I own. Noir had me the moment Kirika killed all those guys and hung the final dude with his necktie. Also one of the best OSTs Ive ever heard. So many shows I need to dust off and watch again lol
Old 11-27-2017, 07:18 AM   #66
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Cowboy Bebop bases will be simplistic black bases with the logo like the regular Soul Calibur bases—intent is to keep the price low.
That’s unfortunate, I’m sure with proper art direction they could have come up with a reasonable theme to tie in with the characters. I think a lot easier especially since they’re in a stoic pose.

I dislike plain black bases, they comes across as lazy to me.

Kotobukiya did a great job, the base on their Spike is simple but it really elevates the piece.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #67
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's definitely not a cash grab, look how long F4F have been working on these statues and the fact is the Anime stuff is new for F4F and a lot of their core audience aren't interested.

So Saitama and Mugen only sold around 250-300 EX pieces so this has a knock on effect for future pieces until things get going.

Keeping the statue simple means it's going to cost less and that means more people are going to give it a chance.

A black base isn't always a negative as it does make the figure itself pop more and since these are Museum poses it should look pretty classy once you have a few of them on display and maybe the bases will be shaped so that you can display them like the image on the 1st page....

I'd definitely hold your horses on declaring yourself out on this line when we haven't even seen a full figure yet never mind a painted version, give F4F a chance and wait for more details including a price!
You can’t really fault the consumer for lack of sales, ultimately that falls on the design/art director. The problem I see with F4F is inconsistency from product to product. I realize each license is unique in its own way and art styles vary depending on the artist. However, my concern lies with the art direction and execution. Some pieces come across as high end toys while others as collectibles.

I feel F4F is mainly concerned with pumping out as many pieces and variants as possible. Perhaps they should focus on the art and let the art sell itself, not every release will sell a thousand pieces.

I believe they rushed to get Saitama out, its simple/cool looking I guess but it doesn’t have that wow factor. I’ve seen better PVC figures and if you’re going to produce a resin statue I feel it ought to surpass those, otherwise there is no point. Check out GoodSmile’s 1/6 PVC Saitama.

Mugen on the other hand is amazing, awesome concept with subtle details and texture. My only gripe is the orientation of the portrait due to the pose, I feel it is comprised when it should be the focal point.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #68
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Mugen hasnt sold well either, so yeah its the consumers fault. Theyre either stuck on the big companies or have an anime attention span of 5 minutes.

The f4f Saitama is awesome too. Way better than Good Smile’s- the face is all kinds of meh imo
Old 01-22-2018, 05:08 PM   #69
roygbiv
Frackin!

https://www.first4figures.com/blog/r...y-19-2018.html

Quote:
COWBOY BEBOP UPDATE: If everything goes smoothly, both Spike and Jet Black will debut next month in Sunrise’s booth during C3 in Hong Kong.
roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #70
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Awesome!