Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2020, 10:07 PM   #1
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Question for Single guy home owners

I am buying my first home soon and wanted to ask some of the guys who aren't married(includes live in girlfriends who run stuff) about how they went about decorating their homes with them being statue collectors? Did some of you pepper your statues and collections all over the house?
Did some of you just reduce your collection and leave it in one room? What made you choose the type of furniture you did?

Any examples, pictures, and discussions are welcomed.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

hey wizard, this is actually a very interesting topic and I am surprised that no one has responded.

I am not a home owner but my apt is about 700 to 750 square feet (which is the size of a small house if you think about it). In my living room I have a set of shelves that a friend of mine made for me where I have my tv on and a bunch of statues. Now the statues in my living room are strictly confined to that piece of furniture but I like that when I am watching tv or laying on my couch and reading they are in my view. I also have another shelving unit in my bedroom that has the rest of my collection on that are in view when I am laying in bed reading or online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	131409  
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

also, my last runs more mid century modern. I like that design aesthetic and that the design was bold but simple and clean lined. I have been in my apt for over a year and resigned my lease and we are allowed to repaint our room and I am now thinking what colors I would like in the living room and bedroom. I am thinking I might just want to do an accent wall just to add some color
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #4
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
also, my last runs more mid century modern. I like that design aesthetic and that the design was bold but simple and clean lined. I have been in my apt for over a year and resigned my lease and we are allowed to repaint our room and I am now thinking what colors I would like in the living room and bedroom. I am thinking I might just want to do an accent wall just to add some color
Awesome! I am starting to love the Mid century modern style of decorating when it comes to living room furniture and definitely agree that it is a little more simple in style.

Thanks for the reply and I love the display.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #5
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I just got married (remarried) and was single for almost 6 years. I kept my collection in my finished basement and bedroom and left the rest of the house collection free (save the occasional temporary trinket that might be sitting about). We are currently building a new house and I will have a sizeable basement space to go crazy in. She's not opposed to a trinket here and there but I won't be putting statues or things on the wall in the main areas of the house.

As for the aesthetic of your place - that's you man - I say do what you like. Also, realize that if/when you do add a significant other, you may have some changes. That has nothing to do with statues as it is more about combining two people's taste(s) into a single space. When I got married, we did a bunch of painting, changed out some furniture, rearranged, etc.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #6
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I just got married (remarried) and was single for almost 6 years. I kept my collection in my finished basement and bedroom and left the rest of the house collection free (save the occasional temporary trinket that might be sitting about). We are currently building a new house and I will have a sizeable basement space to go crazy in. She's not opposed to a trinket here and there but I won't be putting statues or things on the wall in the main areas of the house.

As for the aesthetic of your place - that's you man - I say do what you like. Also, realize that if/when you do add a significant other, you may have some changes. That has nothing to do with statues as it is more about combining two people's taste(s) into a single space. When I got married, we did a bunch of painting, changed out some furniture, rearranged, etc.
Yeah I understand. I was just trying to get ideas from others sharing their experience as well as giving people the opportunity to show off.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #7
Mister H
Green Goblin

If I was single I would go with 3 faux bronze Bowen’s in the living room. ( Cap, Thor, Iron Man)....or any faux bronze or bronze. IMO, that look can go anywhere no matter the subject matter. I would have a room for the other stuff. I like having a great looking wall behind my statues. It adds something to each piece I think. I have a modern Scandinavian look in my house which is kind of a low maintenance/less clutter feel so I would also give each piece its own space to shine.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:27 PM   #8
SONICobra
Bane

Personally i like to keep my statues in one place, kind of drives me nuts when theyre all over peoples houses. In my last house (my first) i had them all in a spare bedroom now theyre all going to be in my basement

For decor i would watch some shows on hgtv to see wha kind of style you like. Ive been told my house now has a “industrial farmhouse” vibe whatever that means lol

Once you decide on a style you like just go room by room and try to envision applying that theme. Dont go crazy with colors and diy projects all at once. Take your time and have fun with it - but seriously hgtv was a huge help to me. You wont like everything you see but once you find a show you like youll get all kinds of ideas

I can post some pics if you think it will help, good luck brother
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #9
nameivom
The Herculoids

All of my statues are in one room and the rest of my home is decorated normally with just a few signed art prints who have made their way out of the collection room. I know for me personally if I was the type of guy to put statues everywhere my collecting habit would get way out of hand. Self control issues...
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:39 PM   #10
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
All of my statues are in one room and the rest of my home is decorated normally with just a few signed art prints who have made their way out of the collection room. I know for me personally if I was the type of guy to put statues everywhere my collecting habit would get way out of hand. Self control issues...
I think the room that these statues are going to be in are going to be allot smaller than the current one, so it is a good excuse to downsize some lines and maybe put a piece in the great room that is movie related. I do love seeing some of those lit displays standing beside peoples home theater setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Once you decide on a style you like just go room by room and try to envision applying that theme. Dont go crazy with colors and diy projects all at once. Take your time and have fun with it - but seriously hgtv was a huge help to me. You wont like everything you see but once you find a show you like youll get all kinds of ideas

I can post some pics if you think it will help, good luck brother
Thanks Sonic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I have a modern Scandinavian look in my house which is kind of a low maintenance/less clutter feel so I would also give each piece its own space to shine.
I like this