Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-22-2019, 09:29 PM   #381
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Science. The Platinum silicone doesn't degrade as fast as regular silicone, that's why Platinum is medical grade.
I'm not arguing that.

I'm saying does anyone have anything comparable that has aged to see what it looks like?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:34 AM   #382
French Cancan
Deadman

Silicones have existed for several decades, so manufacturers and users now have enough knowledge about their life span.
If it's said that the life span of a silicone is 20 years, it is because that has already been noted. Anyway, no miracle so far. All silicones are degrading. And your silicone legacy will probably be only dust.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:36 AM   #383
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I got a Queen bust too.
Ah ah ok. You falled in love twice. I can understand this.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:18 PM   #384
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Credit to "Batsheva" for the following

"I finally get to chat with their reps at SDCC and got several questions answered. Will post more details after i get back home. Interesting thing is, they showed me the pics of their upcoming 1:1 bust products. The ledger joker will have the robber mask on one of his hand, and the mask is wearable. The likeness is damn good. Then Aquaman, unfortunately the weapon kinda covering his face. There’s also Mera. Then Hathaway Catwoman. Which looks so good. And randomly, they also showed Michael Jackson 1:1 bust..

Oh and they said that, after 20 years, the silicone might crack, but it can be repaired with a glue (maybe silicone glue?), and they will include the repairing instructions along with the bust when shipped later."

-------------

I guess I'll know in 2041 how the glue works on repairs.

Also, MERA?! Whaaaa?
Thanks Augen for sharing my post! I will post the continuation here as well
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #385
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ok, now that I am back home, I will add more to my previous post.
So, IS displayed their awesome items not at Sideshow's booth. They have a very small booth, near the Warner Bros big a*s booth, but pretty far from Sideshow's.
The first time I go to their booth, nobody was there. Like, literally just the displayed items and nobody there. I feel like I wanna just grab WW and run as fast as I can but I don't wanna get in prison in a place far away from home.

Anyways, the second time I get there, which is the next day (or the day after the next day, i forgot), there's a Chinese guy sitting at the booth. His English is not very good so he's using a translator tool. Which works perfectly. My English is also bad, but the machine captured my points clearly.
Unfortunately he can not explain much and answered my question clearly. But thankfully, two of his friends then came, and I assume they have better ranks in the studio, so they understand better, and pretty intimidating, the way they talk to me (gettin real close, and cornered me hahaha). You can see them in the pics (I'm the guy with the hat).

The conversations is about the WW bust mostly, and previews of their unannounced upcoming products, basically what I have wrote in my previous post. They assured me that they are using the best materials for the silicone, and if taken care properly, can last more than 20 years. When I asked can it last for 30 years, they say it can, again, if taken care properly. and after 20 years there might be cracks, but they will include glue (if I'm not mistaken) and instructions on how to repair the cracks. When I ask about the color, or if the cracks will leave marks, they don't really give clear answer, and they say it depends on where the crack is, and how you glued it.

I also ask about the black object where WW's left hand rested, is that to help her balance? is she unbalanced? and they said it's just on the prototype, and that they are perfecting it so it will be perfectly balanced in the final product.

Now, I don't know if we can trust their words, but and within 20 years company come and goes. There's no insurance that their company will still be there in 10 years after the bust is released, and what if the bust got degraded/damaged in only 15 years? basically there's no insurance for that as well, but I guess those who purchased will just have to trust them.

Finally, my honest opinion, I saw the bust in person. I see all the details with my own eyes, from extreme close up, and what a fantastic piece it is. It's truly a wonderful, amazing piece, and if they can deliver the actual product as good as the proto, or even better, and if it can last for 40 years, then this is truly a masterpiece. Just really damn good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0302.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	124748   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1123.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	474.6 KB
ID:	124749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1124.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	124750   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1125.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	124751   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1858.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	592.6 KB
ID:	124752  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1924.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	436.6 KB
ID:	124753  
Old 07-29-2019, 11:11 AM   #386
Augen
Metal Men

That all sounds good lighterheaven, thanks for following up. I am really excited and a bit nervous as this will be the centerpiece of my entire collection.

Can I ask, did you see anything regarding Mera or was that just mentioned?
Old 07-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #387
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That all sounds good lighterheaven, thanks for following up. I am really excited and a bit nervous as this will be the centerpiece of my entire collection.

Can I ask, did you see anything regarding Mera or was that just mentioned?
You're welcome, Augen!
Yeah me too! very excited and hope for the best.

I saw the Mera design (I am not sure if it's already sculpted or not) from one of the guy's phone. It looks really good. If that is indeed the sculpt, then it's d*mn good cuz to me it looks just like her in the movie.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #388
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
You're welcome, Augen!
Yeah me too! very excited and hope for the best.

I saw the Mera design (I am not sure if it's already sculpted or not) from one of the guy's phone. It looks really good. If that is indeed the sculpt, then it's d*mn good cuz to me it looks just like her in the movie.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #389
Augen
Metal Men

Smile

Being worked on. Hoping she arrives in a year or so.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #390
clutch
Sailor Moon

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote