Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-21-2019, 03:23 PM   #581
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I've never understood people getting upset about not getting their's first or waiting 3-4 weeks more than others. Always seemed a little childish.

Those are the type of temper tantrums that cause companies to disregard legitimate customer complaints with timelines.
To be fair, it's not 3-4 weeks. The first to receive Samus was end of Jan, beginning of Feb and US Won't get their 1st batch until August. I'm most likely in batch 2 so probably not until Nov-Dec for me.

This is really an outlier for F4F and the statue has turned out great with almost no QC problems, so I don't personally care about the wait. I do think some people are totally justified in not liking the situation and having such a negative feeling around the whole thing that they would rather just walk away. Everybody has different tolerance levels and I don't see why anyone needs to be talked down to about it.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #582
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
I've never understood people getting upset about not getting their's first or waiting 3-4 weeks more than others. Always seemed a little childish.

Those are the type of temper tantrums that cause companies to disregard legitimate customer complaints with timelines.
Childish?
This is my order date: MAY 10, 2016
3 fuc**** years I (we) wait for this statue.
And people started to receive their early this year (february), so, yes, 3,4 or 5 weeks looks like eternity and the wait is unacceptable.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #583
dao2
Cyclops

I'm with QZ on this one :| It's insane how people get over a little extra wait. Yeah you waited 3 years for this statue, so the last 3-4 weeks, hell even 2 months is what compared to that? A minuscule amount of time?

And that's hardly it, people complain even over a few days :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:57 PM   #584
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Childish?
This is my order date: MAY 10, 2016
3 fuc**** years I (we) wait for this statue.
And people started to receive their early this year (february), so, yes, 3,4 or 5 weeks looks like eternity and the wait is unacceptable.
You're well versed in the statue game to know about delays, you know that some pieces get delayed...but with this piece, more importantly, you know WHY it's been delayed, which i don't think any other company would be as transparent as F4F have been on the issue.

They even offered full refunds for the wait, they have done everything they can and are still giving updates and responding to why this is taking so long and still apologizing in the process...i don't know what more they could do and it's certainly more than i have seen any other company do with regards to a delayed statue.

And just to remind you this isn't just a delayed statue but a significantly updated and better statue than what you first pre-ordered.

It's a sh--ty situation and i'm sure F4F never wanted it to go on this long but as they have said many times, they want the the production to be right and unfortunately that's a sacrifice in speed but i personally think it's the right choice.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:35 PM   #585
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
You're well versed in the statue game to know about delays
I'm well versed enough to know this has been no "normal" delay. And, yes, I am aware of why the first major delay happened.

Quote:
They even offered full refunds for the wait
How generous of them to offer refunds when they have not come anywhere close to meeting any of the delivery dates (not the original and not the revised). I am not sure who wouldn't do that given this scenario.

Quote:
they have done everything they can and are still giving updates and responding to why this is taking so long and still apologizing in the process...
Where are these apologies happening? Forums? Twitter? I haven't received any communication since that further delay e-mail where they explained the revision and announced another open pre-order period. When was that? It was well over a year ago, right? I know the apologists for these companies now expect customers to seek out info, but that really isn't the way it's supposed to work. Whatever updates I've received in the last 1+ years have come from this thread.

Quote:
i don't know what more they could do
Send out the orders in the order they were received? If it's true that they aren't doing that, that is going to be a big problem for me. If they want to rub salt in the wound for the people who have been patiently waiting for 3 years, that is the way to do it. That is the point where I turned from being understanding, but a bit annoyed to being full on irritated.

Quote:
It's a sh--ty situation
Agreed.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:28 PM   #586
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I'm well versed enough to know this has been no "normal" delay. And, yes, I am aware of why the first major delay happened.
Good so you are WELL aware of statue delays and you know this wasn't a normal delay and they are offering a much improved statue than what was originally ordered. So you have no problem with that, good.

Quote:
How generous of them to offer refunds when they have not come anywhere close to meeting any of the delivery dates (not the original and not the revised). I am not sure who wouldn't do that given this scenario.
Yes it was very generous of them to offer full refunds, i'm glad you understand this. You being as well versed as you are you know statues never make their dates or their revised dates. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get an NRD back years after PO. ( Try the PCS section for fun! )

Quote:
Where are these apologies happening? Forums? Twitter? I haven't received any communication since that further delay e-mail where they explained the revision and announced another open pre-order period. When was that? It was well over a year ago, right? I know the apologists for these companies now expect customers to seek out info, but that really isn't the way it's supposed to work. Whatever updates I've received in the last 1+ years have come from this thread.
Apologies have been issued in statements through the OCC, the stream they do every Friday and e-mails.

I think finding information on F4F products is pretty easy to be honest....and i'm not even an apologist! imagine that!

So you have been receiving information and updates through this thread, through shared information....

Quote:
Send out the orders in the order they were received? If it's true that they aren't doing that, that is going to be a big problem for me. If they want to rub salt in the wound for the people who have been patiently waiting for 3 years, that is the way to do it. That is the point where I turned from being understanding, but a bit annoyed to being full on irritated.
I think F4F have made plenty of statements on how they ship items, how they fill containers for regions and they use their warehouses to reduce shipping costs and import fees. Unfortunately the USA isn't number 1 all the time.

If they wanted to rub salt in the wound they would go quiet for 3 years, release a sub standard product, make changes without informing buyers and insist nothing was changed from the proto. ( again check out the PCS section )

Quote:
Agreed.
Chin up, at least you know she's come out awesome from what people have been receiving. It's far worse when you're waiting and you start seeing in hand pics and it's a pile of old sh!t.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:11 PM   #587
dao2
Cyclops

They also post updates (and production diaries) in their newsletter. So if you only got news from this thread you ignored a ton of other methods of communication :|
Old 06-22-2019, 02:41 AM   #588
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
They also post updates (and production diaries) in their newsletter. So if you only got news from this thread you ignored a ton of other methods of communication :|
A newsletter = "a ton of other methods of communication".

How can I "ignore" something I didn't receive? There is no way this can be serious.

You really think a customer should have to sign up for a newsletter to get updates about an order? Nevermind. I already know the answer to that.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:22 AM   #589
qz33
Rescue

Any of these companies only owe it's customers 1 of 2 things: The statue as expected in the time period agreed OR all the paid money back. That's all and which is the companies' choice. Now I get that that this thing has been a mess, they got in over their heads, and really should have probably just cancelled the whole thing.

I used to wage this war defending PCS. I could never understand why people would get so bent out of shape over their delays. Little did I know that they couldn't/were not providing full refunds as their owner was claiming they would if products were delayed for 6 months. Heck they had stopped even refunding any money over the NRDs. So if that's the case here with F4F please someone let me know and I'll happily change my tune. If people actually could get all their money back as was agreed I'd have absolutely 0 beef with PCS.With PCS customers are still out hundreds to thousands of dollars and many if they were only losing their NRDs would be thankful.

Yeah my order date is also May 10, 2016.
I've only been out a middling $30 deposit since.

So the thing is I can still cancel. I know they said getting the deposit back was a limited time only arrangement but I'd bet in this circumstance they'd be more than willing to refund even the deposit if a customer was complaining as much as people are here. Anyone tried or is everyone still busy throwing Internet tantrums that someone got their toys before they will?

NO company fulfills orders "in the order in which they were received". People take their entitlement to a sense of fairness to a ridiculous level. I see this all the time in the Sideshow section and most others. I see people actually COMPLAIN that all Sideshow will do for statues in poor condition is provide a FULL refund with shipping. Get it in your heads people you aren't due ANYthing else!

But how many here have put their mouth where their money is and actually cancelled because of the recent delays and/or tried getting the full amount back? If you're that worked up then why would you even still want this statue? If you've been so mistreated get that money because that is ALL of 1 of the 2 options you are due. Just ask for your cash and walk otherwise it's just hot air.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #590
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
A newsletter = "a ton of other methods of communication".

How can I "ignore" something I didn't receive? There is no way this can be serious.

You really think a customer should have to sign up for a newsletter to get updates about an order? Nevermind. I already know the answer to that.
No I was including the newsletter.

The tons of other communication equal

1) Forums
2) Official Facebook account
3) Youtube
4) Newsletter
5) In regards to the reorder/refund I believe they actually mailed the original orders about the refund option.

Seriously 3 of those are excessive for one company, you somehow missed all of them except the forums :|

And yeah I think customers should sign up to something if they want to keep up with updates on an order? What the ---- do you order from anywhere that keeps you updated for progress on it unless you sign up or watch it?

I order a book, a game, anything I basically just get a notification when it ships and sometimes if it's delayed from Amazon (though rather rare and never covers every delay). If I wanted to keep up with the production yeah I go looking for news specifically for that item like game news sites, baen's release schedule, etc :|

Quote:
Any of these companies only owe it's customers 1 of 2 things: The statue as expected in the time period agreed OR all the paid money back. That's all and which is the companies' choice. Now I get that that this thing has been a mess, they got in over their heads, and really should have probably just cancelled the whole thing.

I used to wage this war defending PCS. I could never understand why people would get so bent out of shape over their delays. Little did I know that they couldn't/were not providing full refunds as their owner was claiming they would if products were delayed for 6 months. Heck they had stopped even refunding any money over the NRDs. So if that's the case here with F4F please someone let me know and I'll happily change my tune. If people actually could get all their money back as was agreed I'd have absolutely 0 beef with PCS.With PCS customers are still out hundreds to thousands of dollars and many if they were only losing their NRDs would be thankful.

Yeah my order date is also May 10, 2016.
I've only been out a middling $30 deposit since.

So the thing is I can still cancel. I know they said getting the deposit back was a limited time only arrangement but I'd bet in this circumstance they'd be more than willing to refund even the deposit if a customer was complaining as much as people are here. Anyone tried or is everyone still busy throwing Internet tantrums that someone got their toys before they will?

NO company fulfills orders "in the order in which they were received". People take their entitlement to a sense of fairness to a ridiculous level. I see this all the time in the Sideshow section and most others. I see people actually COMPLAIN that all Sideshow will do for statues in poor condition is provide a FULL refund with shipping. Get it in your heads people you aren't due ANYthing else!

But how many here have put their mouth where their money is and actually cancelled because of the recent delays and/or tried getting the full amount back? If you're that worked up then why would you even still want this statue? If you've been so mistreated get that money because that is ALL of 1 of the 2 options you are due. Just ask for your cash and walk otherwise it's just hot air.
I canceled this and got a refund of my NRD for it (original PO order).