Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #121
Rocket
Art of Mod

Great thoughts mate!!

I enjoyed this episode like I have no other! The "Godfather" scene after the joust was unreal!

Can't express enough how great this series has been!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #122
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This series is brilliant. It continues to impress me and I just can't get enough.

I've spent a few hours watching all the extra supplemental material on the HBO GO application through my iPad. Lots of great insight and details into this world there. I guess next week the 7th episode will be on HBO GO exclusively right after the 6th episode. It's going to be difficult not to watch it a whole week early.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #123
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Great thoughts mate!!

I enjoyed this episode like I have no other! The "Godfather" scene after the joust was unreal!

Took me a second to get the Godfather reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This series is brilliant. It continues to impress me and I just can't get enough.

I've spent a few hours watching all the extra supplemental material on the HBO GO application through my iPad. Lots of great insight and details into this world there. I guess next week the 7th episode will be on HBO GO exclusively right after the 6th episode. It's going to be difficult not to watch it a whole week early.
I was just having this conversation. I don't want to watch it early on my Ipad. I watch every episode on the big screen with the lights out and a hot cup of tea, even my dogs know to nap and not disturb the ritual. The only problem is I have been pretty good at predicting what the cliffhanger will be each episode, and this one I suspect will be my favorite moment from the first book. If it doesn't happen or leaves us hanging it will be so hard to wait a week to see it.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #124
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
Damn! Episode 5 was great. Plenty of action and some great dialogue.

Things I liked

1) The Hound narrowly missing getting his head cut of by his brother by quickly kneeling before the king.
That was a great scene!

I never thought I'd like this show as much as I do. I'm not too keen on high fantasy and only decided to watch it because I needed something to fill some time. Now I'm hooked.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #125
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

If anyone's wondering, that starting credits was composed by Ramin Djawadi... The same guy that did the soundtrack for Clash of the Titans. Its got his style all over it! Thats why it sounded so familiar

oh and sidenote, there is a soundtrack for the show to be released on June 14th
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #126
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Great thoughts mate!!

Rodders have you read the books? Highly recommend them mate!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #127
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
2) They have changed who said what a few times and it was worked to streamline things, but this time it was too much. It was The Hound himself who told Sansa about how he got his burns and it was a great scene, and character developing. I'm worried they are going to leave this guy lurking in the background like Boba Fett.
Didn't like that either mate, a rare touching moment form Sandor that gives you insight into why he's such a bastard, from his own emotive lips in the book, turns into an aside whsipered gossip almost.

Only gripe with the series so far.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #128
Babytoxie
Ghost

Damn this "HBO GO". I've been trying all day to set up an account to watch episode 7 and it keeps stalling on me. Does anyone use this site regularly?

Episode 6 was great! The Dothraki plot really got moving, and I loved The Imp's confession and trial.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #129
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Damn this "HBO GO". I've been trying all day to set up an account to watch episode 7 and it keeps stalling on me. Does anyone use this site regularly?
I set up my account last week and have been watching all the GOT episode extras on HBO GO for the past week on my iPad. I have a faster than average internet connection and have still experienced a higher than normal amount of buffering when trying to view content. I've decided to forgo watching the 7th episode this way as a result. I'll probably just continue to use the site for extras but I like the interface and found the setup process to be pretty painless.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #130
Jesse321
Galactus

I'm setting up my account today.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote