Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Didn't know Domino was so popular.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #62
SONICobra
Batman

female statues are always popular for some reason

shes one of the few female characters i wouldnt mind having in the collection though, im a big x-force fan
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #63
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Didn't know Domino was so popular.
It begs the question...are we looking for great statues of our favorite characters, or are we so desperate for great statues that we'll fork out the dough for a character that wasn't our focus just because the piece is so well done?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #64
FJC
Midnighter

Nothing. Still waiting for a great looking classic 1/4 Cap and a green HULK that doesn't have a Kirby/Ape like looking portrait. Need a Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Storm, and Colossus PF that I like for my collection. I'd like if the X-PFs I mentioned came in a version of the Astonishing costumes (similar to the recent Wolverine PF).

On the DC PF sides of things, I still need Flash, Martian Manhunter, Deadshot, Scarecrow, and Ra's al Ghul. My final request is a classic Perez Deathstroke PF. That Deathstroker PF was a monumental disappointment for me personally.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #65
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
It begs the question...are we looking for great statues of our favorite characters, or are we so desperate for great statues that we'll fork out the dough for a character that wasn't our focus just because the piece is so well done?
Great point! I know I almost bent my own personal collecting rules because of a great looking statue. Case in point, I personally don't collect villains but Thanos on Throne was so good, I almost opened the floodgates.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:44 PM   #66
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
From their Facebook

Juggernaut - 88
Gladiator Hulk - 68
Batgirl - 54
Mr. Freeze - 51
DC Animated - 38
Domino - 30
Cheetara - 21
Thanos - 21
Dejah - 18
Avengers - 15
Alien - 12
Alex Ross - 3
Blanka - 3

(There was no "none" option there)

------------------

I know some cross over. Interesting to see difference in Domino demand, how Blanka isn't doing well in either, and Juggernaut seems to be the consensus winner.
Interesting stats and thanks for sharing. I'm guessing the Facebook audience is much larger so it would have been interesting to see what the NONE percentage would have been.

Juggernaut is a new character and looks to be very well done (based on the preview image). Gladiator Hulk isn't new but in my opinion, the best looking new statue previewed, so I'm not surprised that is high also.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #67
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
This is a great question that needs to be pondered...

Looking at my Want List, mostly from the Great Statues of Favorite Characters column... but there are a few tertiary characters I've always kinda liked (Domino) or know in passing (Red Sonja) who made it on because they're Done So Well.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #68
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
This is a great question Nearmint. I guess it's a little bit of both for me. I'm a DC and Marvel Guy but currently, my collections lean more towards DC since I'm leaning more towards collecting the Trinity.

I never planned on getting Juggs or even Gladiator Hulk but seeing how the Tease/Reveal looked so amazing, I may PO them just because they look great even though they don't necessarily fit into my collection. I missed out on Thanos on Throne because I was new to the game and at the time, I was undecided on which way I wanted my collection to go but if I could do it all over again, I definitely would've picked him up!

So to answer your question, I would fork out the dough for characters that are well done and how I feel about them at the time they become available for PO.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #69
Mister H
Gen 13

maybe Mr. Freeze. I'm really starting to slow way down though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #70
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
i think at one point i was guilty of that, space and money catches up with you pretty fast playing that game though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote