Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #1471
Sigep756
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'd prefer the fighters before the bosses. Hope we get Sonya soon. Raiden is a must.
Sigep756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #1472
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
Raiden is a must.
You got that right!

SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #1473
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Even if I had all the resources in the world , I would never release as much MK product as Syco is. I think its bad for the license and bad for the market.

Thats just my opinion

However , I would like to release 4 various MK pcs per year, and thats my plan for this year. There are now 7 sculpts in progress from props to 1:1 busts to the 1:4 scale and Diorama.

My opinion? 1 piece a year ain't so great for the market, either.

A huge part of the problem people are having w/ this line is we keep hearing about how much is supposedly getting worked on but no info is given beyond that.

Even if you said, "listen, at this time I have no idea which one I will be ready to show you first, but it is between X, Y and Z" I think that would be enough to shut people up and hold their interest for a while. It would give us something to discuss other than the delays because honestly that's all there is to talk about right now.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #1474
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Is that even considered pushed back? I thought he said they were shipping from China in March, which puts them shipping to us in April.
SS will get them mid to late April, they will ship in May......hollllyyyyyyyyy

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #1475
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

With this pace when Mortal Kombat 10 comes out only 3-4 MK9 pieces will be out. I am afraid then PCS will drop the MK9 line and doing MK10 characters.
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #1476
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
SS will get them mid to late April, they will ship in May......hollllyyyyyyyyy

Chris
Sideshow will have them by the 20th of March.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #1477
Atheris
The Maxx

How many units does SS get in a single shippment usually?

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #1478
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Even if I had all the resources in the world , I would never release as much MK product as Syco is. I think its bad for the license and bad for the market.

Thats just my opinion

However , I would like to release 4 various MK pcs per year, and thats my plan for this year. There are now 7 sculpts in progress from props to 1:1 busts to the 1:4 scale and Diorama.
Ooooohhhh weeeeee!!!! I damn sure don't envy you Jerry...not with all the concerns and flak you have been getting about this MK line.

But let's be honest here...and I'll put this in perspective:

Consider the video game market. Look at the problems that happened with the Nintendo 3DS portable in its first few months before the price drop and subsequent release of big games...now also consider the Nintendo Wii in the past year with no big name games of any kind outside of Zelda.

When you look at both, one was too expensive with no product for it...and the other is dirt cheap (Wii) to buy, but no product for it. Well guess what happened..and it shouldn't be hard to figure out that Nintendo got itself in to DIRE TROUBLE because there was nothing out for either of those systems.

I liken PCS to Nintendo. You both have great products (when you make them), but oftentimes, there is a serious, serious lack of product from both. People get disinterested and forget about the product and move on to something else.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand quantity over quality argument..and I agree to a certain extent. But this is an overused statement like (I'm sorry)and in the end it becomes an empty statement because at the end of the day, people are going to resort to whatever caused them to say I'm sorry in the first place.

I honestly feel I'm the biggest MK fan on this forum (I really do), but there is no way I am going to wait a whole year to get 1 statue of a license I desperately want. I mean lets be honest, why pay all that money for the MK license and not do something with it? Thats a waste of money and a waste of time! This is the same situation with SSC and their World of Warcraft line....1 diorama and thats it in the 3 or 4 years they have had the license. That crap does not fly with me! Period!

What's more, you make it sound like Syco has put out 40 different MK collectibles in a 4 month period of time...and this can't be further from the truth. Syco has 1 19.5"PF (Subzero) out, with 4 others in the works, 2 PFs of which are already up for preorder (Ermac and Scorpion-and both look awesome), Rain PF almost done, and new pictures of an unfinished prototype of Sonya Blade PF. Plus we also know, Noob Saibot, Cyrax, Skarlet are in the planning stages. The thing is, although only 1 PF is out, they have at least interacted with the fans and shown pictures of future products. PCS has not done that..and that is where the frustration lies.

They have 1 very nicely done Scorpion 1:2 bust, 4 10" statues (including Kitana), and are continuing to stay in touch with the fans.

But this quantity over quality argument gets really old really quick. I feel that PCS is spreading itself too thin...I really do (whether its true or not). Judge Dredd (looks awesome but expensive), SF 1:4 and dioramas (and just think Sagat or whatever other one being worked on still has yet to be announced or shown after 1 year of making the comment), Darkchylde, Kabuki, etc. and something else you probably working. Too much for a smaller company!

I am a little frustrated (obviously), but thats only because you do care about your product and listen to the barking of the fans, but are too slow in releases. Fans want choice. Some of us are not as patient as others either. So throw us a couple bones or whatnot, that will whet the appetite and assure MK fans that you indeed do have lots of stuff in store for MK.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #1479
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

So Scorpion got pushed to April.

Big deal!

Well, that doesn't surprise me after reading all the feedback about the first skull head.

So Jerry fixes it. I'd figure it'd take time to make replacements for all those statues.

So now you guys are complaining about the delay.

He's at least listening to the requests.

Seriously, are you really going to display a skull head as the primary piece?

I definitely don't mind waiting for a better product.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #1480
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
How many units does SS get in a single shippment usually?

Chris
They get them all in a single shipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Ooooohhhh weeeeee!!!! I damn sure don't envy you Jerry...not with all the concerns and flak you have been getting about this MK line.

But let's be honest here...and I'll put this in perspective:

Consider the video game market. Look at the problems that happened with the Nintendo 3DS portable in its first few months before the price drop and subsequent release of big games...now also consider the Nintendo Wii in the past year with no big name games of any kind outside of Zelda.

When you look at both, one was too expensive with no product for it...and the other is dirt cheap (Wii) to buy, but no product for it. Well guess what happened..and it shouldn't be hard to figure out that Nintendo got itself in to DIRE TROUBLE because there was nothing out for either of those systems.

I liken PCS to Nintendo. You both have great products (when you make them), but oftentimes, there is a serious, serious lack of product from both. People get disinterested and forget about the product and move on to something else.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand quantity over quality argument..and I agree to a certain extent. But this is an overused statement like (I'm sorry)and in the end it becomes an empty statement because at the end of the day, people are going to resort to whatever caused them to say I'm sorry in the first place.

I honestly feel I'm the biggest MK fan on this forum (I really do), but there is no way I am going to wait a whole year to get 1 statue of a license I desperately want. I mean lets be honest, why pay all that money for the MK license and not do something with it? Thats a waste of money and a waste of time! This is the same situation with SSC and their World of Warcraft line....1 diorama and thats it in the 3 or 4 years they have had the license. That crap does not fly with me! Period!

What's more, you make it sound like Syco has put out 40 different MK collectibles in a 4 month period of time...and this can't be further from the truth. Syco has 1 19.5"PF (Subzero) out, with 4 others in the works, 2 PFs of which are already up for preorder (Ermac and Scorpion-and both look awesome), Rain PF almost done, and new pictures of an unfinished prototype of Sonya Blade PF. Plus we also know, Noob Saibot, Cyrax, Skarlet are in the planning stages. The thing is, although only 1 PF is out, they have at least interacted with the fans and shown pictures of future products. PCS has not done that..and that is where the frustration lies.

They have 1 very nicely done Scorpion 1:2 bust, 4 10" statues (including Kitana), and are continuing to stay in touch with the fans.

But this quantity over quality argument gets really old really quick. I feel that PCS is spreading itself too thin...I really do (whether its true or not). Judge Dredd (looks awesome but expensive), SF 1:4 and dioramas (and just think Sagat or whatever other one being worked on still has yet to be announced or shown after 1 year of making the comment), Darkchylde, Kabuki, etc. and something else you probably working. Too much for a smaller company!

I am a little frustrated (obviously), but thats only because you do care about your product and listen to the barking of the fans, but are too slow in releases. Fans want choice. Some of us are not as patient as others either. So throw us a couple bones or whatnot, that will whet the appetite and assure MK fans that you indeed do have lots of stuff in store for MK.
I hear your perspective and I respect it. I obviously wish I had put out more MK statues at this point but I am a stickler for things to be the way I want them to be. I cant tell you how many revisions my sculptors have had to do because I wasnt happy (ask them-they are on the forum).

Its just how I am and I just cant compromise the way I want things to look.

NetherRealm isnt thrilled with the slow pace either BUT when they saw Scorpion in person the other day the smiles made up for everything. It is by far, the best MK statue on the market. BY FAR.

I always say my intention is not to just make 'another' statue of a character but to make the 'ultimate' version. Sometimes I think I succeed, sometimes I dont...but I always TRY and that takes lots of time.

I am expecting to release a lot more MK statues (I paid a lot of money for the rights so I have to) but I will never come close to what Syco is doing.

At best you will see 2 1:4 scale MK9 and 2 1:4 scale MK Klassic statues per year. Thats the most I can do and still keep up the quality I want.

Also, as a side note: I go through the proper approval channels as I have a strong relationship with Warner Bros...not every company does that and often times other companies will release products NOT officially approved, but since they arent USA based they dont really have the repercussions I do if I did the same. That can be very frustrating from my end.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote