Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #2371
crazy_legs03
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mqhuynh View Post
Sideshow offered me a partial refund or a full refund. No replacement bodies. They even suggest Zap-A-Gap to fix the break. Not sure what to take now. I think I can glue it back without much problems
I took the partial refund too.
A really great piece that I didn't want to not own.

If resale value is on the cards, it will definitely affect that. So you might want to take that into consideration.
crazy_legs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #2372
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

For a Statue worth 325$ here is sideshow offer.

I ask them to send me a new body, since the regular are still available. this is their response. Is this worth it?

RESPONSE FROM SIDESHOW:
"Thank you very much for the pictures you provided and for your patience while we investigated your order. We are sorry to see your Scorpion Exclusive Statue arrived damaged.

Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your Scorpion Statue as is, we can offer you a $45.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $35.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund on this item.

If you accept one of the above credit offers and need a recommendation for a type of glue to repair your item, we recommend Zap-A-Gap which comes in a green bottle and is available in most hardware or hobby stores. It is also available for purchase online."
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #2373
Vracula
Jedi Order

Its a small break, take the credit ifyou like the statue
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #2374
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

hi does anyone know if the syco version is 1/4 scale? it's listed as premium format but they never mentioned scale.

It looks REALLY good and has switchout heads & hands, also lights up.

very tempted to get this if it's 1/4 scale.

http://www.sycocollectibles.com/cont...-format-statue

also anyone know what syco's paint quality is like at their $300 range? is it on par with sideshow?
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #2375
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
hi does anyone know if the syco version is 1/4 scale? it's listed as premium format but they never mentioned scale.

It looks REALLY good and has switchout heads & hands, also lights up.

very tempted to get this if it's 1/4 scale.

http://www.sycocollectibles.com/cont...-format-statue

also anyone know what syco's paint quality is like at their $300 range? is it on par with sideshow?
Yes it is 1/4 scale. Their first 1/4 Sub-Zero is solid paint job, but I think the color they used on his dark gray/black areas should have been pure black. Instead it looks more washed.

The cost of the Ermac that is getting ready to start shipping is actually $199.99 if ordered off MKonline. Anyways, the Scorpion bust paint job was much better than the Sub-Zero and I think the Ermac will be an even better paint job.

The paint job has more of a brushed metal look to it (which is why the 1:2 Scorpion bust looked so awesome).

If you want to see more pictures of it go to the General Statue section on this forum. That is where all Syco stuff is, as well as a question/answer thread itself.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #2376
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

thanks you just saved me 60 bucks
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #2377
Veron_4
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hi all, I'm new here, been lurking on these forums for quite a while but this is my first post I guess.

Pre-ordered this piece but chose to pay using flex-pay so item just got shipped out today. All fingers crossed that there won't be any damages.

Very worried after seeing all those posts with broken parts but it's still a very awesome piece.
Veron_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #2378
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veron_4 View Post
Hi all, I'm new here, been lurking on these forums for quite a while but this is my first post I guess.

Pre-ordered this piece but chose to pay using flex-pay so item just got shipped out today. All fingers crossed that there won't be any damages.

Very worried after seeing all those posts with broken parts but it's still a very awesome piece.
Good luck. I got 5 Scorpion Ex and it all came broken.
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #2379
Veron_4
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMak0524 View Post
Good luck. I got 5 Scorpion Ex and it all came broken.
Wow that bad. I still havn't decided what I'll do if mine comes broken.
Veron_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #2380
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veron_4 View Post
Wow that bad. I still havn't decided what I'll do if mine comes broken.
Email Ss and tell them that u have eard about breakages on the statue and to please double check. They will do it.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote