Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 09-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #1921
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Oh, man, I’ve got that Pfeiffer Catwoman listed for sale on my website, but your pic is making me want to unbox it and add it to my Tweeterhead display.
IMO, TH made the best Catwoman Pfeiffer statue by far. It's a shame that you're selling it.

It's currently just a placeholder until the TH one gets here but I agree, it goes well with the rest of the Super Powers line.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #1922
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post
There are definitely differences among the companies. These are all supposedly 1/6 scale:

I love them all regardless 😁❤️
Agreed, hard to choose, but for me that TH WW is perfect classic version of the character.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #1923
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by parino View Post
If you go back a couple pages you’ll see pictures of the DS Jim Lee Nightwing next to the Koto Jim Lee Batman. The DS Statue is actually a little Bigger than the Koto statue
Thanks. I really like that Nightwing better than the new Koto Nightwing
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #1924
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Gothamite, I did say QC issues aside (i.e. barring or notwithstanding QC issues)

The DC Designer and Bombshell statues have awful QC issues and yet I still love collecting them. Your examples re: Harley, Joker, Bud & Lou and Batman are not true of the statue itself. Mine for example do not have these issues. My Joker had a chipped hair and I have been waiting for a replacement for 10 months now.

Being happy with the company vs. being happy with the statues are different things. Provided you get a good copy, the TH statues are awesome except for Superman (which will get replaced) and Wonder Woman (which I personally don't mind).
The Bud and Lou issue happened to me and one other person on this forum.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:40 PM   #1925
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Your examples re: Harley, Joker, Bud & Lou and Batman are not true of the statue itself. Mine for example do not have these issues. My Joker had a chipped hair and I have been waiting for a replacement for 10 months now.
I strongly suggest re-reading the relevant threads. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean that widespread issues didn't happen. Chad had to get a whole bunch of Harley Quinn heads made as replacements.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #1926
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
The Bud and Lou issue happened to me and one other person on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I strongly suggest re-reading the relevant threads. Just because you got lucky doesn't mean that widespread issues didn't happen. Chad had to get a whole bunch of Harley Quinn heads made as replacements.

Gothamite, you’re completely missing my point. The issues with Harley and Bud and Lou with cracked pieces are quality control issues. Quality was not maintained from one statue to the next. And those QC issues have more to do with packaging and shipping rather than the statue itself.

On the other hand, the Wonder Woman neck seam and Superman heavy capes are design flaws and take away from the statue itself.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #1927
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Gothamite, you’re completely missing my point. The issues with Harley and Bud and Lou with cracked pieces are quality control issues. Quality was not maintained from one statue to the next. And those QC issues have more to do with packaging and shipping rather than the statue itself.

On the other hand, the Wonder Woman neck seam and Superman heavy capes are design flaws and take away from the statue itself.
No, the problems can be attributed to design and engineering, too. Also, I forgot to mention that Harley Quinn's flame buckles over time.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #1928
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
No, the problems can be attributed to design and engineering, too. Also, I forgot to mention that Harley Quinn's flame buckles over time.
Mine has not. Been displayed for nearly 2 years now.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:42 PM   #1929
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Mine hasn’t either. I’ve read there are potential warping issues but primarily in very warm temperatures. But I don’t necessarily count that as a design and engineering flaw since it’s situation-dependent.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:42 AM   #1930
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Someone once said to me.
Got issues with the company?
Stop crying about it and stop buying their stuff.
Plain and simple.
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote