Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #501
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Augen, I always appreciate your cheerful, non-divisive posts. Not much negativity comes from your posts. Which is good, we need people like you to balance out people like me
I agree. Augen is like a quiet lighthouse planted on the tormented shores of this hobby.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #502
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
what she has in her hand looks like the - torn off - Hulk's gonads.
So THAT'S why he's always so angry...understandable.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #503
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Augen, I always appreciate your cheerful, non-divisive posts. Not much negativity comes from your posts. Which is good, we need people like you to balance out people like me
I'd imagine collecting any female piece you want does that to a person.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #504
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
So THAT'S why he's always so angry...understandable.
LOL

Hulk "SMASH" women who steals ball.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:16 PM   #505
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I'd imagine collecting any female piece you want does that to a person.
Well, within budget of course.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:18 PM   #506
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I agree. Augen is like a quiet lighthouse planted on the tormented shores of this hobby.
Aw, everyone being so nice to me today! Thank you, French Cancan. I enjoy your gifs and humour greatly.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:33 PM   #507
Ninjabanana
Doh!

I hated this Starfire when I first saw it, wrong skin tone, concept is weird. But I have to say, I kind of like it the more I see it. And now I can confirm her skin tone is correct. Will be pre ordering her after I collect more Sideshow rewards during this con ��
Ninjabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #508
Star-struck
The Spirit

I wasn't sold on the pose at first, but it grew on me. I now see it as less sitting on her hair and more she's floating to the side with hair floating around her. I thought the skin paint on the proto was magnificent, even if not the right color, so if it's going to suffer a downgrade in all the subtleties at least the color will be right.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:19 PM   #509
Ralek
Fantastic Four

I'm not super familiar with Starfire beyond the Wolfman and Geoff Johns stuff, so I am kinda confused, is that based on a particular incarnation of the character? Like the face, particularly the eyes and the skin tone.

I do like the face sculpt as such, but for instance, the Tweeterhead piece is really gorgeous, too, and aligns so much closer with what I remember from back when I read it.

I know there were cartoons as well, haven't seen any of it thought and this does not seem all that cartoon'y - quite the opposite actually ^^
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:36 PM   #510
Orbitalchaos
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralek View Post
I'm not super familiar with Starfire beyond the Wolfman and Geoff Johns stuff, so I am kinda confused, is that based on a particular incarnation of the character? Like the face, particularly the eyes and the skin tone.

I do like the face sculpt as such, but for instance, the Tweeterhead piece is really gorgeous, too, and aligns so much closer with what I remember from back when I read it.

I know there were cartoons as well, haven't seen any of it thought and this does not seem all that cartoon'y - quite the opposite actually ^^
Looks like they're basing her more off her Early 2000s-2011 design. That suit is definitely Micheal Turner's Starfire. The eyes are more of a modern trait since she now has light green eyeballs and darker green pupils in the comics because of the popularity of the original cartoon.. Which she had these types of of eyes in. I really can't speak on the hair.. She's never had hair styling like this in any comic and I've read every book she's ever appeared in. The green "Starbolt" is also a modern trait. She looks like a mix of various incarnations of Starfire
Orbitalchaos is offline   Reply With Quote