Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #1361
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Of all the Starks that have been killed I wish Sansa had been one of them, she irritates me no end.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:05 PM   #1362
Babytoxie
Ghost

"The Gift"

Great episode last night. It put me in a better mood to see Cersei end up in the $#!@ for a change... and the fact that it's her own fault is the icing on the cake.

It's sad to see Master Aemon go. I like that character, and as his background ties into GRRM's Hedge Knight stories (the only Thrones-related material I've read), I always looked forward to his scenes.

I'm really wondering about the Sand Snakes. From what I'd read, I was expecting these ladies to be complete bad-asses, but their scenes so far are pretty poorly written. They didn't fare very well against two men, one of whom has only one hand, and the scene in the cells was awful: "Oh by the way, my dagger was poisoned, but it's slow-acting and will affect you right as I'm providing exposition. But luckily, I've been placed in the cell across from you and have the antidote."
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #1363
MrYac
Hercules

yeah but ya know.... boobs and stuff....so ya know
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #1364
Babytoxie
Ghost

Oh yeah... I know.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #1365
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I was expecting these ladies to be complete bad-asses, but their scenes so far are pretty poorly written.
You'd think, with how they were hyped up, right? Don't be too disappointed though. They were nothing more than poorly written caricatures in the novels as well..

The whole Dorne debacle is a dark mark on what's been an otherwise awesome season so far, imo. Why this particular storyline was picked (with the most interesting character absent, at that) in lieu of others that were cut is beyond me.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #1366
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

WOW what an episode last night!!!! couldnt believe what I was seeing, so bad ass!!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #1367
protector2814
Phoenix

Killer ep. Who directed last night's episode? Felt like a Neil Jordan one. What a "f"ed up situation towards the end. I was like "HOLY COW!" Every problem in the show for every character takes a back seat to what's coming.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #1368
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Killer ep. Who directed last night's episode? Felt like a Neil Jordan one. What a "f"ed up situation towards the end. I was like "HOLY COW!" Every problem in the show for every character takes a back seat to what's coming.

Directed by Miguel Sapochnik. haha yeah every other problem in GOT all of a sudden seems a lot less serious now that the walkers are on a rampage
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #1369
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Easily the best episode of this season and one of the best in the entire series. Winter is indeed coming!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #1370
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Last night was fun and so well done by the director and production crew! Love it!

I'm really enjoying the changes and liberties HBO is taking with the series. I can't wait to see what they do next because source material is getting very scarce! I'm wondering if they will continue to leave out 2-3 key book plot points. It's working wonderfully without them so far
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote