Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 05-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Yea, done that and you do get some great deals..but sometimes you have no choice. Funny thing is, When I try to sell something its seems over price? But I'm just breaking even.So, yes, fees, mailing ect is hurting this hobby...This hobby is going to the people who have the most money because that's really whats setting the prices.That cable is Sooo over price its almost a crime.Sorry my sideshow X-men Vs Sentinel blows that out of the water!That should be 600.00 tops.To say its worth around same price is a joke,even with the low edition number.My clear Bowen iceman has around the same number and its not price that high? Not bashing the cable on the sentinel because i really do like the piece.Its the price only..

I Guess I like jokes. I don't think it is over priced as 1) it is very rare 2) no one beats Bowen for quality 3) it is the ONLY comic ACCURATE Cable piece on the market. I'd take this one over the SS piece given the choice. In general I prefer the 1/6 scale.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #12
SDguy

Quote:
The point is? that prices will be limited to upper class,So its kind of sad really but its moving to fast.Sideshows ,XM ect all going up and up.As a statue collector we are all feeling the pain and its good to talk about what's going on with the hobby.That's all...Or you can just
Well, yes, it can be an expensive hobby.... but this isn't about buying commodities, so I still don't get the issue. Just don't buy stuff you don't need that is too expensive. Done.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #13
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
A lot of us are leaving too. I've been thinking about it.
I know you've gone through some crap with some of your purchases, but good grief, you've become just such a wet blanket. Perk up girl!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #14
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I Guess I like jokes. I don't think it is over priced as 1) it is very rare 2) no one beats Bowen for quality 3) it is the ONLY comic ACCURATE Cable piece on the market. I'd take this one over the SS piece given the choice. In general I prefer the 1/6 scale.
Sorry have to disagree with you there,( I don't think it is over priced?) as for the money their is no way the quality of the that Bowen piece beats the Quality on the this X-men sideshow piece..And to say nobody beats Bowen is crazy talk. I love Bowen too but they made some big time errors..Thamos on the throne for example..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #15
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I know you've gone through some crap with some of your purchases, but good grief, you've become just such a wet blanket. Perk up girl!
Ha ha..yes you did..well maybe your right, I will get back to what was really important today? what was it ,oh yea.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #16
SDguy

Quote:
Ha ha..yes you did..well maybe your right, I will get back to what was really important today? what was it ,oh yea.
That was in fun... I assume all know this....
Old 05-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #17
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
That was in fun... I assume all know this....
yea..I did but where do you live?
Old 05-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #18
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

It seems that if you're chasing a sought after piece the price can be very high but there are so many to be had for at or below retail price that you're probably breaking even
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #19
dajuice
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think it is a good thing that prices are getting higher because I am more selective now being that Sideshow pieces are going over $400. In the past, I didn't have to think about price. I just click away.
dajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #20
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
The point is? that prices will be limited to upper class,So its kind of sad really but its moving to fast.Sideshows ,XM ect all going up and up.As a statue collector we are all feeling the pain and its good to talk about what's going on with the hobby.That's all...Or you can just
It's an expensive hobby. Remember, hobby. It's not for everyone and not in everyones price range but thats why there are different tiers of collectibles. You have Koto with the 1/10 artfx plus price point. The 1/6 price point is a step up and then 1/4. Pcs is coming in at the 1/3 price point now too. As much as we would like to think this is accessible to everyone, it isn't. You have to choose what fits within your budget. Its dependent on the collector. Bottom line is, people are still buying at all these price points, so the demand is there. It won't change. It's up to the collector when to walk away.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote