Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Art goals for the rest of 2008

So any purchases on the horizon?

I think/hope that I am just about done for the year. I'm heading to Wizard World Texas next month and would love to go home with a Lee Bermejo commission. That's about it on commissions unless Tim Sale finds time to do anything for me before the year is up.

Besides that I have an Ethan Van Sciver commission I'm waiting on that's already paid for and a Marko Djurdjevic commission that's done and paid for which I should be picking up at WW Texas.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Fat Head
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I'm pretty much done for the year. I'm strapped for cash so I've already started christmas shopping. I don't want to get hit with all of those purchases at once. Plus I've got a vaction coming next month (that's already paid for) and I still have to allow for spending money. Then NYCC is in February this year! I wish that was further back so I had more time to save up.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, NYCC is going to be a tiny con for me if at all. I've got some debt I really want to clear up, and I might be done for the most part until 2010. I've got one piece I'm committed to and 3-4 pieces I'm semi-committed to getting (meaning I haven't arranged them yet, but still plan to), but I don't think I'm going to get much more than that. We'll see.
Fat Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

A couple months back I went into semi-retirement from collecting and have bought nothing since then and will not do so until quite some time in the future. It is great to have money left at the end of the month but I really miss the buzz of acquiring a new piece for my collection. That said I have one more commission to come in that I arranged before I stopped collecting; I have seen it but am waiting to receive it.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Hopefully just one more large purchase from Ron and that's it....famous last words, I know....
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM   #5
rolleypolley18
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Art Goals:

-Struzan Superman cover
-Possible commission from Dave Bullock
-Stop Buying Art! More likely though, I'll be getting into illustration art such pulp, sci-fi, etc.
rolleypolley18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
Underdog07
Hercules

Only time will tell what I end up getting over the next 2 1/4 months.

I am waiting on 2 purchases - an Allred cover that I have on a payment plan and a Franco splash page. Additonally, there is a piece coming up for auction in November that I will be bidding on. Also there are 3 covers that I am considering making an offer on.

Obviously the unsettled economy will likely affect year-end bonuses thereby impacting my entertainment expenditures.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #7
touche22
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm just waiting on 2 pieces I already purchased: Mike Choi X-23 Target X cover prelim and a George Perez Deathstroke commission. The Choi piece I should have in mid-November, he's going to sign it at WWTX and then it'll ship out to me. The Perez...who knows when that'll get here, but I don't care...I'm just glad to be getting it!! Before the end of the year would just be like a Christmas present!!!! I don't "plan" on getting anything else, but if the right piece pops up I might cave in.
touche22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #8
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by touche22 View Post
I'm just waiting on 2 pieces I already purchased: Mike Choi X-23 Target X cover prelim and a George Perez Deathstroke commission. The Choi piece I should have in mid-November, he's going to sign it at WWTX and then it'll ship out to me. The Perez...who knows when that'll get here, but I don't care...I'm just glad to be getting it!! Before the end of the year would just be like a Christmas present!!!! I don't "plan" on getting anything else, but if the right piece pops up I might cave in.
Those sound pretty cool. I can't wait to see the Deathstroke commission. Is it a full body, bust or head?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

My commission from Aaron Lopresti, which will be here before I know it.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
touche22
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Those sound pretty cool. I can't wait to see the Deathstroke commission. Is it a full body, bust or head?
It's like the ones marvelboi77 just got a bunch of. He now is only doing (from what I understand) "torso and up" bust commissions. So basically no full figure, but bigger than a con sketch. Plus it is pencil and inks, so that's also a plus.
touche22 is offline   Reply With Quote