Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #621
Vallos
Jubilee

Excellent write up, Hot rod. Nicely done. While I did inspect my statue thoroughly, after reading your review I will have to re-inspect her under more of a discerning eye. I don't recollect any of those issues, though.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #622
Cool_collector
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Okay...I got her today...OMG I LUV her !!
From a foot away...its the best peace I've ever seen in my life !
Close up theirs some issues... tiny ones but nothing that will pry her away from me +
Comparing her to her sibling (1/6th scale) peace.. first off she's missing her dragon tattoo on her (sword) shoulder..
the neck-less..beads, one of them are not attached to her neck also the pony tail band is not the same, in painting app..between the two
on her smaller version the stickers are almost invisible..no shine to the outer parts of the tattoos, you really can't tell they are stickers at all !
My biggest grip..if I say.. it's going to be.. if one at all is her arm w/sword..its plastic..not resin .
Her garments are clear-sh..but painted, would have preferred if they they weren't..like her smaller one.,
the white cloth & leather on her arms & legs are done better than what I was expecting..they look almost real like.
The tattoo's and skin tone are really done well... even after I removed her garments..yes
they too are both plastic..but understandable.. to be removable.
the garment (top) was very hard to remove while the bottom garment was not attached all the way,
like the top one was..a tiny peace of clear coat was wanting to peal off.. while I carefully removed her top.
their was two lil small grain/needle tip size dots of paint that stuck to her garment but that was the worse.
I noticed some really small paint issues..nothing to big over all..mainly at points
where another paint color was added at the ends/crevices.. detail to the painting app would of been perfect and
blending in the tattoo's to the paint would have made me much happier !
Now I'm really fighting w/my self if I should put her out display w/most of my other girls or keep her in my room,
where she can have her garments off.. witch I think should be off at least for a while.. to let the paint cure longer
and to really show off her goodies "big grin" !
I'll add pics ether Friday-night or Saturday morning.. w/ her sibling as well..oh..I got 167/500 "Yay !!"
Thanks for your thoughts. The garments are not clip-ons like the 1:6. They use pins, although it is still very difficult to put them back on after removing. I didn't want to force it and have left the gap after putting back on...
Cool_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #623
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Excellent write up, Hot rod. Nicely done. While I did inspect my statue thoroughly, after reading your review I will have to re-inspect her under more of a discerning eye. I don't recollect any of those issues, though.
I want to help any way I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_collector View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. The garments are not clip-ons like the 1:6. They use pins, although it is still very difficult to put them back on after removing. I didn't want to force it and have left the gap after putting back on...
yea...it seams she's that way w/mine too (1/6th)., I did get her upper garment to attach w/some heat and she looks great now.
IMO.. I would rather have the garments to remove easily when ever we like and not worry N' remove the garments off
the smaller statue than the larger girl !

I'm leaving her garments off for a bit plus I'm giving the paint time to heal .. on me resin one !
I hope your right w/her top garment..the bottom garment seems to be a bit difficult to reattach with the pin on mine.

Here's the pics you all requested I hope ya all like them.. again sorry I don't have a better camera

Ritual (both):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00114.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	72926   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00116.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	72927   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00118.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	72928   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00120.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	72929   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00122.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	72930  

Name:	DSC00124.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	72931   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00126.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	72932   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00128.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	72933  
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #624
Vallos
Jubilee

Nice, Hotrod. After looking over my statue I did not notice any of the flaws you mentioned. I would have to say that the left arm does not seem to be entirely made of plastic. I think the arm itself is resin, and the sword is plastic.

All in all, your statue seems consistent with how everyone else's.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #625
hotrodhoodrat

Quote:
Nice, Hotrod. After looking over my statue I did not notice any of the flaws you mentioned. I would have to say that the left arm does not seem to be entirely made of plastic. I think the arm itself is resin, and the sword is plastic.

All in all, your statue seems consistent with how everyone else's.
Thx.. Vallos.. I'll have to double check her arm,
it seams to me its pvc but
then again I didn't check for sure.
I still wonder why Yamato didn't put the dragon tattoo on her sword arm, like they did on 1/6th scale peace
further more the decal's could of been blended better IMO..my smaller peace was !,

I hope Yamato...does more of these in 1/4th scale or 1/6th..no more odd balls
Old 07-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #626
Vallos
Jubilee

I agree on the scaling disparity. They need to stick with two scales and leave it at that. As much I as love Black Tinkerbell and Touch of ice, I will not display them with Ritual.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #627
hotrodhoodrat

Quote:
I agree on the scaling disparity. They need to stick with two scales and leave it at that. As much I as love Black Tinkerbell and Touch of ice, I will not display them with Ritual.
That's why I got Ritual N' Medusa (1/6th) So they would not be alone.

Now..after seeing what you meant by 1/4th statues being a better statue...I love em'
haha...now to find space to display these and the type of display...thats going to be tough !

Today's curio makers or display makers are not putting out a quality product.. is heavy duty nor
ample lighting or visibility IMO !
Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #628
Vallos
Jubilee

Space (and money) is always a concern when dealing with 1:4 scale, but in my opinion, it's the perfect scale. You get an adaquate scale to showcase details on a statue without going overboard on size.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #629
hotrodhoodrat

Quote:
Space (and money) is always a concern when dealing with 1:4 scale, but in my opinion, it's the perfect scale. You get an adaquate scale to showcase details on a statue without going overboard on size.
Now lets hope that Yamato... keeps putting out the two main scales that has us at their mercy other wise
this line will not be as important to us !
Can't wait to see 2013 products..tho..its nice to have a recouping period !
Old 07-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #630
Cool_collector
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_collector View Post
Here's my unit (170/500) with the clothing back, but not pinned - you see the gap...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ritual clothing.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	73007  
Cool_collector is offline   Reply With Quote