Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #671
SomeKorean
Doh!

Yeah I'm trying to find each of the samurai line from XM and poison ivy is on the top of the list
SomeKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:57 PM   #672
dao2
Cyclops

I had issues with one of the flower blossoms on the tree that came off, even the replacement part came broken I was also disappointed in the umbrella being paper, it doesn't look very good imo and I wish it was resin. All the pics look ok but it stands out IRL for me. Otherwise a fantastic statue though.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:21 PM   #673
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I had issues with one of the flower blossoms on the tree that came off, even the replacement part came broken I was also disappointed in the umbrella being paper, it doesn't look very good imo and I wish it was resin. All the pics look ok but it stands out IRL for me. Otherwise a fantastic statue though.
It's a breathtaking statue, but I was annoyed by the fact that they took the fan holding arm and ruined the positioning of it. Not to mention the paper umbrella. I wanted a soft resin umbrella as you say.

I am still in awe of it every time I look at it. I use the bob hair portrait, the kabuki mask hand and the umbrella. Looks amazing together.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:01 AM   #674
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's a breathtaking statue, but I was annoyed by the fact that they took the fan holding arm and ruined the positioning of it. Not to mention the paper umbrella. I wanted a soft resin umbrella as you say.

I am still in awe of it every time I look at it. I use the bob hair portrait, the kabuki mask hand and the umbrella. Looks amazing together.
Same set up on mine except I use the fan, the other portrait isn't a bad sculpt or paint but the geisha face is just way cooler. This is also my first and currently only XM statue (have the hive warrior ordered, eyeing that vess too).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote