Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 12-22-2019, 02:55 AM   #231
Jase25
Frackin!

Okay, I know no one has posted in like a month but I’m a JD fan and I initially passed on this because of the size but with Sideshow recently marking it down $100 and now free shipping and sitting on $164 rewards in my account along with a $25 coupon it was an easy grab. I did have to get the regular version, but for roughly $500 shipped - I’m super excited. I would have loved to received the Cursed Earth version for the cloak, but I’m not a fan of the clenched teeth head. Can’t wait to get him...he’s a Christmas present to myself. Anyway for those of you that got him, how are you feeling about him? Are you still digging him? To me he looks like he just stepped off the comic page. Take care - Jase
Jase25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #232
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase25 View Post
Okay, I know no one has posted in like a month but I’m a JD fan and I initially passed on this because of the size but with Sideshow recently marking it down $100 and now free shipping and sitting on $164 rewards in my account along with a $25 coupon it was an easy grab. I did have to get the regular version, but for roughly $500 shipped - I’m super excited. I would have loved to received the Cursed Earth version for the cloak, but I’m not a fan of the clenched teeth head. Can’t wait to get him...he’s a Christmas present to myself. Anyway for those of you that got him, how are you feeling about him? Are you still digging him? To me he looks like he just stepped off the comic page. Take care - Jase
Congrats!! You're gonna love him. He's amazing in person. BTW, The clenched teeth portrait is better in person.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:42 PM   #233
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase25 View Post
He looks awesome, I too do not like the clenched teeth head much at all. The other head is fantastic though.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:35 AM   #234
Jase25
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletn@mac.co View Post
Congrats!! You're gonna love him. He's amazing in person. BTW, The clenched teeth portrait is better in person.
I’m sure it is... if I could have got the Cursed Earth Version I would have. I just really love that stern look of the closed mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
He looks awesome, I too do not like the clenched teeth head much at all. The other head is fantastic though.
I can’t wait. I still don’t think I’ve quite grasped the size of this piece. I mean I have some quarter scale premium format pieces but this is my first 1/3 scale anything.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:26 AM   #235
dao2
Cyclops

I still get surprised by the size of 1/4th scale stuff...
Old 12-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #236
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I still get surprised by the size of 1/4th scale stuff...
same here, i have so many but im always impressed when i open that styrofoam

i really really wish this was 1/4 scale, i love the statue but i only have one 1/3 scale shelf and theyre all batmen
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #237
qz33
Doctor Doom

Without a doubt it's bigger obviously but since most 1/3s are more vertically oriented it's not too shocking.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:47 PM   #238
dw316
Justice League

Do you guys consider this an exclusive or bust statue? Very tempted to pull the trigger on Sideshow with the sale and free shipping but I feel like the lack of the angry face portrait is holding me back...
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 04:56 PM   #239
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
Do you guys consider this an exclusive or bust statue? Very tempted to pull the trigger on Sideshow with the sale and free shipping but I feel like the lack of the angry face portrait is holding me back...
No the regular face is way better, the cloak has grown on me tbh but still I think it looks great without it.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #240
Jase25
Frackin!

The detail on just the fabric on the suit blows me away....no mine hasn’t arrived yet but I keep drooling over the pictures I find online. Got a place of honor already picked out for him. I know I’m late to the party on this piece but I’ll more then likely do a quick unboxing on my YouTube channel.