Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
crazy_legs03
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Whats the hassle of international shipping?

Just curious, is it such a hassel for sellers to ship internationally??

There are so many nice pieces on ebay that I've missed out on, simply cos the seller refuses to ship overseas..... whts the reason?
crazy_legs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
abarron
Batman

Cost a bit
And you have to go to the post office and depending on where you are shipping to have to declare whats in the parcel.
More chance of the item getting damaged too and the buying might have to pay customs charges on the parcel.
I guess people just see it as a bit too much hassel
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
cblakey1
Cyclops

Because to ship it Priority Int'l it is $39.00 and the buyers don't want to pay that. We don't have a choice on our end because it's the only way to track it.

I've had two eBayers (from Australia as a matter of fact) lie to me saying they never got their package. I had to refund their money because there was no way to prove they got it.

Another thing is insurance. Our worthless government postal agency won't honor insurance claims if an item is broken in transit. They'll take your money for insurance but won't give you a dime in reimbursement. They claim that there is no way to prove who broke the item.. a US carrier or an interbational carrier. I actually have several insurance claims that have celebrated their 2 and 3 year anniversaries of my government postal agency screwing me over.

It's a lose-lose situation and I'd rather spare myself the trouble.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It`s not worth the trouble to me to ship international because of higher costs,longer waiting and higher chance for damage.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
superstatues
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just sold 11 statues on ebay and 10 went to international customers. Every statue had a shipping cost of 70.00 for international. I had no complaints about costs because the dollar is so weak right now. Just make sure you are selling to good buyers (check the feedback) and make sure they provide a confirmed international address in paypal.

Paypal even prints all the forms you need, so really the only difference is you have to print two full pages of forms instead of a half page.

I think people that do not sell international IE us to other countries are missing a HUGE portion of the statue industry and limiting the amount of money they are getting.
superstatues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
It`s not worth the trouble to me to ship international because of higher costs,longer waiting and higher chance for damage.
My thinking as well. Customs is a big part of the inconvenience as they are directly responsible for holding up packages and sometimes even damaging the items themselves. I'd rather get less for the item than deal with all the hassles.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I used FedEx a couple of weeks ago, for the 1st time, for a Dewback and it got there safely for $76... The USPS wanted $225...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_legs03 View Post
Just curious, is it such a hassel for sellers to ship internationally??

There are so many nice pieces on ebay that I've missed out on, simply cos the seller refuses to ship overseas..... whts the reason?
I think some people think that is harder to ship internationally than it actually is.

I have been shipping my auctions internationally.
It was a bit of a pain to ship a Cap PF oversees, but not any harder to ship oversees than to Nebraska.

it is a little more expensive though ! lol
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

There is no doubt you miss out on a significant amount of money by not accepting bids from people outside the U.S. But you also miss out on a significant amount of hassle and worrying. I avoid it like the plague.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
Vracula
Jedi Order

oh man the prices i pay for international shipping ,i would have double the collection if it wasnt for that.ebayers love screwing the internationals with their over the top shipping prices,in saying that all my transactions have been wonderful,even from members here on SF!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote