Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #261
spriggan
The Spirit

It boils down to how much you are willing to pay. I like Sideshow PF and XM statues but have I ever bought them? No, I am not willing to spend that much money for statues when I still have other bills to pay and I don't collect 1/4 scale. In addition the exchange rate for Canadian dollars still pretty bad and the cost of living keeps going up. When you add shipping, taxes, and custom fees than it get very expensive. For me, the price for Koto statues are more reasonable. To be honest, I wonder how many people bought those expensive statues?
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #262
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Gonk & Koto, please just make Aquaman & Martian Manhunter to complete the original seven.

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:47 PM   #263
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
It boils down to how much you are willing to pay. I like Sideshow PF and XM statues but have I ever bought them? No, I am not willing to spend that much money for statues when I still have other bills to pay and I don't collect 1/4 scale. In addition the exchange rate for Canadian dollars still pretty bad and the cost of living keeps going up. When you add shipping, taxes, and custom fees than it get very expensive. For me, the price for Koto statues are more reasonable. To be honest, I wonder how many people bought those expensive statues?
1/6 scale statues still make an awesome display.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:38 AM   #264
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Using that logic, for the price of s Sideshow PF you can get 2 Tweeterhead and 4 Koto Artfx. For the price of an XM you can get 3 Tweeterhead and 6 Koto Artfx.

And now for the price of a Prime 1 Wonder Woman on horse you can get 12 Tweeterhead and 24 Koto Artfx.

Amazing how that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
1/6 scale statues still make an awesome display.

Preach, Master Hobbit. Preach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Gonk & Koto, please just make Aquaman & Martian Manhunter to complete the original seven.

Beautiful render. Didn't collect this series, but I hope they revisit it, Griffon. Maybe Koto needs to get some ladies involved to lure in collectors. Zatanna and Black Canary come to mind.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:00 AM   #265
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
...Didn't collect this series, but I hope they revisit it, Griffon. Maybe Koto needs to get some ladies involved to lure in collectors. Zatanna and Black Canary come to mind.
Thought you'd nominate Powergirl

KotoUS Facebook posted a survey last September & the majority wanted AM, MM, plus Shazam.

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #266
BurningRage
Inhumans

Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are the least popular of the seven so maybe Koto doesn't want to make them since sales will be worse than the others.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #267
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think if GL was in a standing pose like the others it might have sold better. It's a great piece but doesn't display all that great with the rest because of his base.
I display mine without the bases with GL towering behind them, would have been nice to have them all standing even.
Just my thoughts.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #268
spriggan
The Spirit

Didn't it sell well? I don't mind the pose, I thought it is fitting for him. I don't really like the pose for the Flash. They could have done it better to show that he is a speedster.
It would be awesome if koto makes the main villain of each heroes in ArtFX format.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #269
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

That's what the Koto rep said here somewhere.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:32 AM   #270
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
Didn't it sell well? I don't mind the pose, I thought it is fitting for him. I don't really like the pose for the Flash. They could have done it better to show that he is a speedster.
It would be awesome if koto makes the main villain of each heroes in ArtFX format.
they already did they made Deathstroke 1/6 scale artfx then they never made any more. Also I am pretty sure they discontinued this line.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote