Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #141
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Says you....I think its by FAR the most impressive and dynamic statues I have seen of Gambit.

Still won't get it though. I am completely out of 1/4 statues. Only 1/6, 1/7 and a couple 1/3 pieces.
Says the consensus that this is an awkward and unnatural pose. I could work with the overly done energy flare from the cards if the pose made sense.

Just because it's the most DYNAMIC (as in motion or action of the character?) you've seen doesn't mean it works naturally. In a market that has few 1/4 scale Gambits, the "by FAR" doesn't really carry much water.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #142
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Says the consensus that this is an awkward and unnatural pose. I could work with the overly done energy flare from the cards if the pose made sense.

Just because it's the most DYNAMIC (as in motion or action of the character?) you've seen doesn't mean it works naturally. In a market that has few 1/4 scale Gambits, the "by FAR" doesn't really carry much water.
For you Walker. For me....it is BY FAR the most impressive Gambit I have seen.

I guess I have to add IMO. And I could give 5 flying f***s about what others consensus is. Not trying to be rude about it...but I don't fly to the beat of others.

I've stated numerous times I think Darkness is the best statue I have ever seen or owned. Do you still think I waver from that because others may not think so?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #143
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

loricstone I agree with you man, think it’s an awesome showcase of his style and powers. The textures on his body armor and coat look amazing from the videos I’ve seen. I think the pose does a great job of showing gambit in action and it’s exactly how I imagine him.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #144
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
For you Walker. For me....it is BY FAR the most impressive Gambit I have seen.

I guess I have to add IMO. And I could give 5 flying f***s about what others consensus is. Not trying to be rude about it...but I don't fly to the beat of others.

I've stated numerous times I think Darkness is the best statue I have ever seen or owned. Do you still think I waver from that because others may not think so?
I don’t think I’ve ever read a single criticism about Darkness and it’s rightfully one of XM’s flagship pieces. That’s not really an accurate equivalence, but I’m also not trying to impose any particular taste on you. Certainly to each their own.

Half of my Statues are XM and I consider myself a big Gambit fan so this isn’t a Sideshow homer’s opinion. I’m just frustrated that the pose wasn’t adjusted and the same thing is happening with XM Omega Red. Pieces that could be home-runs but end up just being strong additions to the Statue-verse of characters that haven’t had a licensed entry in quite sometime.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #145
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I may try and get this. The pose and the coat are negatives for me though. The inside lining of the coat looks weird to me. The fact that it is an exclusive also means it will be more expensive.
The SS PF which I have, I believe is far superior. The mixed media on the PF is superb. The simplicity in the design adds a lot to the statue. The smoking head is great, and again, I think adds a lot more value as we won’t be seeing that anymore.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #146
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I think this is the best gambit statue produced so far. In the comics, his leg up has been done numerous times so not sure why some people don’t like it. I will be adding it to my X-Men 1/4 collection
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:31 PM   #147
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I think this is the best gambit statue produced so far. In the comics, his leg up has been done numerous times so not sure why some people don’t like it. I will be adding it to my X-Men 1/4 collection
I agree man, imo this one looks great, Im very impressed with it so far cant wait to get it in hand.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #148
AC_808
Hercules

Interesting point of views here on this thread.

To each their own is absolutely right. Especially when the point of views are so polar opposites.

Oh well ...enjoy your decision whatever that may be. For me, the wait for a better 1/4 scale Gambit statue continues.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:50 PM   #149
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

SS still has the best gambit in my book, i like XM's energy effect but other than that this one is a dud.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #150
fsdre
Mephisto

This gambit is by far better than sideshow, gotta say I lwanna be the sculpted jacket over the cloth any day
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote