Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-06-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
KELPIE
New Republic

Comparing success of P1 Lines

I think with the way P1 are pumping out the Berserk and Witcher lines we can safely acknowledge how they react to a successful license?

Comparing that to things like G.I.Joe, MtG, 40k and Beast Wars which clearly aren't or didn't sell well.

Have to give them credit though, even with the less popular lines, they seem committed to at least bringing out a companion piece.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:55 AM   #2
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I contacted them a few weeks ago about that Bay Shredder they teased in 2014 and Krang from last year sadly they’ve been cancelled and the the Turtle line is done for now. At least we got R&B.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:27 AM   #3
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Is there any knews on what other pieces might be coming out for MTG line or beast wars?
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:41 AM   #4
Vendetta
The X-Men

I think that generally seems reasonable. The Berserk line particularly sticks out, as it must be doing amazingly for them to be focusing on a rather niche license as much as they are (and I'm loving it as a fan).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:03 AM   #5
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

im not sure on how well witcher is going on, new releases are slow, everything from the line is late and postponed multiple times.

in the same situation (or worst) i believe is evangelion, where is the new eva? not even a teaser of pilots, eva 01 already postponed once, not even one of them sold out.

no dubts that dc, transformers and berserk are doing well
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #6
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

A lot of these lines haven't started shipping out yet, give them a chance. I think a lot of people are waiting for in hand reviews before ordering.

I'm sure the Eva, Berserk, Guyver, MTG, etc statues will knock peoples socks off when they get them in hand, glowing reviews of these pieces will help sales
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #7
BurningRage
Inhumans

I think the Eva prices turned people off and only fans bought it whereas I’ve seen people order Guts because he looks cool and don’t know anything about Berserk.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #8
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

For me, the “issue” (if you can call it an issue) is that they make too much amazing stuff and I can’t afford it all. I currently have 11 POs that are Prime 1, 6 POs that are XM, 1 PCS, and 0 Sideshow. These POs go through this year and the first half of 2019. I’m mainly collecting the Arkham line so that’s where a majority of my P1 stuff is. I also have the Dog Alien on order since I want to start back up collecting movie-based stuff from Aliens, Predator, and Terminator.

Even though I’m mainly getting the Arkham stuff, I see the other stuff they are doing and I want it too. I just can’t afford it. My plate is already full and I can’t fit anymore onto the plate. I want the Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron. I want the Guyver stuff. I want the Berserk stuff. The EVA stuff looks amazing. I see the Witcher stuff and I want it. I want Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Serpentor since I had the action figures as a kid. Bloodborne? Yes, please. Ultraman looks fantastic. New 52 DC line looks fantastic and I don’t have any of those characters in my collection except for Batman so I want a Green Lantern, Flash, Cyborg, etc. 1/2 scale Wonder Woman looks amazing and I’m trying to figure how to work that into my collection. That 1/2 scale Terminator is a must have. Even though I hate the Transformers movie design, I think they look amazing in statue form. The list goes on and on.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #9
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
For me, the “issue” (if you can call it an issue) is that they make too much amazing stuff and I can’t afford it all. I currently have 11 POs that are Prime 1, 6 POs that are XM, 1 PCS, and 0 Sideshow. These POs go through this year and the first half of 2019. I’m mainly collecting the Arkham line so that’s where a majority of my P1 stuff is. I also have the Dog Alien on order since I want to start back up collecting movie-based stuff from Aliens, Predator, and Terminator.

Even though I’m mainly getting the Arkham stuff, I see the other stuff they are doing and I want it too. I just can’t afford it. My plate is already full and I can’t fit anymore onto the plate. I want the Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron. I want the Guyver stuff. I want the Berserk stuff. The EVA stuff looks amazing. I see the Witcher stuff and I want it. I want Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Serpentor since I had the action figures as a kid. Bloodborne? Yes, please. Ultraman looks fantastic. New 52 DC line looks fantastic and I don’t have any of those characters in my collection except for Batman so I want a Green Lantern, Flash, Cyborg, etc. 1/2 scale Wonder Woman looks amazing and I’m trying to figure how to work that into my collection. That 1/2 scale Terminator is a must have. Even though I hate the Transformers movie design, I think they look amazing in statue form. The list goes on and on.
Yep I'm the same, there is way too much cool stuff they are putting out, it's gonna be worse this year if they fully reveal Street Fighter, Fist of the North Star, Predator, Avatar, Studio Ghibli, Dark Souls, Lord of the Rings.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #10
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Yep I'm the same, there is way too much cool stuff they are putting out, it's gonna be worse this year if they fully reveal Street Fighter, Fist of the North Star, Predator, Avatar, Studio Ghibli, Dark Souls, Lord of the Rings.
The Lord of the Rings, Predator, Street Fighter, and Fist of the North Star stuff is going to break me. Only consolation is the Arkham line is winding down so I'll have some room on my plate after the end of this year. I was collecting Lord of the Rings 1/4 scale stuff when Sideshow was still doing them but they gave up the license and I never got to complete the Fellowship. I can't wait to see the details that Prime 1 is going to put in that line. And the Predator stuff? Predator...nuff said.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote