Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #471
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTEQ View Post
Hi, I'm totally new to collecting Prime 1 figures. I bought a few locally from other collector, but now I would like to order some directly from Prime1studio.com

Unfortunately I missed out on the latest promotion that ended May 12th.

Does anyone know when do they tend to have some special offers?

Thanx for help
I think they do that sale twice a year, so maybe in 6 months.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #472
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASTEQ View Post
Hi, I'm totally new to collecting Prime 1 figures. I bought a few locally from other collector, but now I would like to order some directly from Prime1studio.com

Unfortunately I missed out on the latest promotion that ended May 12th.

Does anyone know when do they tend to have some special offers?

Thanx for help
I know for sure that they do another one at the end of the Summer and IIRC they did one more between then and year’s end. At least in 2018. So with the Spring sale that just wrapped up that’d be 3 a year, if I’m correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhulk View Post
Okay thanks which shipping did you choose
FedEx.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #473
ukshaun
Hercules

With all the new Licences Prime 1 keep announcing, how are factories going to keep up?
I assume more factories are being set up, and workers trained?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #474
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With all the new Licences Prime 1 keep announcing, how are factories going to keep up?
I assume more factories are being set up, and workers trained?
I wonder if P1 is gobbling up all the factory time, and that's the bone of contention with Sideshow.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #475
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I wonder if P1 is gobbling up all the factory time, and that's the bone of contention with Sideshow.
Do we know for a fact they actually use the same factories? It certainly doesn't look like it.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #476
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Do we know for a fact they actually use the same factories? It certainly doesn't look like it.
Nope, pure conjecture on my part. Seems like it would have to something significant like that, though, to cause the current rift between the two companies.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:11 AM   #477
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
If you ever watch some of the live shows on YouTube by various statue collectors, they often mention things like - there are only 10 factories in China making these statues. Where they get this info i can't answer.

We do know PCS are using the same factories as XM Studios, which is why the quality has gone up, and delays down

From this i guess it safe to 'assume' the previous owner of PCS (Jerry M) possibly failed to use the top factories and source smaller factories, possibly not used by the big 3 (sideshow, prime 1, xm). I'm basing this on some photo's showing where the Kessler Wolf was made, which appeared to look small scale, back street. The quality of the Kessler Wolf wasn't great. I wish the new owners would make 200 more Kessler Wolf's using the XM Studio's factories, and paint them grey like the Kessler Wolf should look.

As for Prime 1 having their own factories, that's an interesting one. Who knows? ..we do know the quality is high, every time!

A new issue is Donald Trump taxing Chinese imports. This might explain Sideshow's price hikes. If the prices go too migh, who know's, would it not be feasible for Sideshow to set up a factory in the US and be in total control of QC and costs.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:09 PM   #478
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

A new issue is Donald Trump taxing Chinese imports. This might explain Sideshow's price hikes. If the prices go too migh, who know's, would it not be feasible for Sideshow to set up a factory in the US and be in total control of QC and costs.
While a U.S. factory would be awesome, I imagine the costs would far exceed those in China, even factoring in the 25% tariff.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #479
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah I hadn't thought about the tariffs, but it's scary that SS has been jumping up the prices like crazy the last few years before that happened. It's already past the limit for a lot of people with the price hikes.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #480
nearmint
Phoenix

Economy shipping update: 22 days since I ordered an in-stock item, and no shipping notice so far.