Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Alejandro Pereira Presents...

Old 07-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #1
Alex Pereira
Sculptor
Sculptor

Superman!!!MOS and C.Reeve Alejandro Pereira

SUPERTeaser!!!.Here I show you my last projects that I have been working.I will show you all of them on next week.I hope you like it.I would like to know your thoughts,please comment and share.Enjoy!!

Alex Pereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks awesome alex as per usual (still wanna see that Bat vs pred piece printed someday - quite probably the best sculpt I've seen in years).

I'd say it's pretty much spot on. Far be it from me to question a master at work and these points are really only nitpicking but looking at the following as a reference I'd say that maybe you could double check the a few things (It's hard to tell 100% if these points don't match up as I can't zoom in enough on the faceshot you've shown):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L-GQLKmePL...eeve%20(1).jpg

1. Nose: should there be a bit of an indent near the anterior septal angle i.e. as you near the point of the nose the hook in his nose dips in slightly and I can't see it being as pronounced in your pics as in the photo.
2. Hair: Just maybe the hairline above his right eye looks a little off compared to the photo in the link.
3. Eyebrows - look a wee bit bushy (might appear less so when you add colours). They normally look fairly sleek from memory.
4. Cheekbone - should it protrude a little more? I can't quite tell from the angle of the shots you've shown but it looks a little depressed compared to the reference I was comparing to.

Again, these are very very nitpicky things (you have to look verrry close to even notice anything to question) + I'm no expert but I know how hard sculpting likenesses is so all the above really depends on the reference you're using so whatever I've mentioned could well be irrelevant across the multiple pics you've probably used to base your sculpt on.

Whether my points are relevant or not it looks awesome whichever way you cut it and hope to see these printed sometime soon. Congrats!
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
Alex Pereira
Sculptor
Sculptor

Bobfrog,thank you very much!!!I will review all your notes,I promise you!!
Yes,it depends of the picture that you choose and Reeve is difficult to sculpt.But We´ll see...
Again thank you very much for all your notes!I appreciate it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Looks awesome alex as per usual (still wanna see that Bat vs pred piece printed someday - quite probably the best sculpt I've seen in years).

I'd say it's pretty much spot on. Far be it from me to question a master at work and these points are really only nitpicking but looking at the following as a reference I'd say that maybe you could double check the a few things (It's hard to tell 100% if these points don't match up as I can't zoom in enough on the faceshot you've shown):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L-GQLKmePL...eeve%20(1).jpg

1. Nose: should there be a bit of an indent near the anterior septal angle i.e. as you near the point of the nose the hook in his nose dips in slightly and I can't see it being as pronounced in your pics as in the photo.
2. Hair: Just maybe the hairline above his right eye looks a little off compared to the photo in the link.
3. Eyebrows - look a wee bit bushy (might appear less so when you add colours). They normally look fairly sleek from memory.
4. Cheekbone - should it protrude a little more? I can't quite tell from the angle of the shots you've shown but it looks a little depressed compared to the reference I was comparing to.

Again, these are very very nitpicky things (you have to look verrry close to even notice anything to question) + I'm no expert but I know how hard sculpting likenesses is so all the above really depends on the reference you're using so whatever I've mentioned could well be irrelevant across the multiple pics you've probably used to base your sculpt on.

Whether my points are relevant or not it looks awesome whichever way you cut it and hope to see these printed sometime soon. Congrats!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

No probs mate. And yeah (I've not attempted Reeve myself) but from what I've seen and read him and Harrison Ford seem to stump most people and rarely do you see anyone get as close as you have.

Looking forward to seeing more teasers! :-)
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:47 AM   #5
Alex Pereira
Sculptor
Sculptor

the last teaser!

Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
rykerw1701
Justice League

This looks very intriguing. I can almost feel my wallet lightening up even as I look at the picture.

And I'd add William Shatner to the list of people that are hard to sculpt. Never seen one that I thought really nailed his likeness, with many being just awful. Wish someone would do it right and take my money in the process.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
Y3E
Gen 13

More! We need to see more!

Just amazing.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #8
Alex Pereira
Sculptor
Sculptor

Old 08-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #9
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Beautiful in every way. Any idea in what scale these will be printed? (Please feel free to share more pics!)
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
Alex Pereira
Sculptor
Sculptor