Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #651
TD980
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think for $2000, I would rather get the OG Hulk from sideshow if I can get it for that price
TD980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #652
Tarksis
Justice League

I pre-ordered the Gladiator HULK Maquette the second it was available. The XM is well sculpted but doesn't offer anything new. In the end you pay a lot of money for a diorama with a classic HULK that I've seen 100 times. Planet HULK is my favorite storyline with this character and I was very excited that SS offered a version that really blew me away. I dislike the helmeted portrait, exclusive all the way with this one!
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #653
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD980 View Post
I think for $2000, I would rather get the OG Hulk from sideshow if I can get it for that price
I don't think you can get for that any more. Maybe with flaws.

I think 3K is the new territory for OG

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #654
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD980 View Post
Wow, that’s a lot of money. I hope to see some in hand YouTube videos before deciding. Thank you for the info.
Plenty of them online all the reviews are the same . It’s the most impressive licensed green hulk ever made
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #655
Tarksis
Justice League

I went to the XM Transformation HULK Thread to try and get behind the piece and saw some close ups...It is a mediocre sculpt. The left foot alone is enough to turn me off. The vascularity looked good from far but close up the veins look like they are "over" the skin which is a pet peeve of mine when it comes to sculpture. The calves lack definition. There are some weird lines where the upper arms meet the shoulder and overall there are anatomical discrepancies that bother me. The anterior deltoid head tie ins to the upper arm on the lowered arm are not right, he has it sweeping under the medial head. The medial deltoid attaches at the lowest point, not the front. I do not like how the brachialis and brachioradialis muscles are treated, especially on the raised arm. Maybe it was just the lighting, but the skin, especially on the lower legs looks smooth and almost polished. Personal opinion of pose or classic vs gladiator aside, the SS Daniel Bel sculpt is superior. I have nothing against XM and will be ordering their new Colossus. To each his own I guess.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #656
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
I went to the XM Transformation HULK Thread to try and get behind the piece and saw some close ups...It is a mediocre sculpt. The left foot alone is enough to turn me off. The vascularity looked good from far but close up the veins look like they are "over" the skin which is a pet peeve of mine when it comes to sculpture. The calves lack definition. There are some weird lines where the upper arms meet the shoulder and overall there are anatomical discrepancies that bother me. The anterior deltoid head tie ins to the upper arm on the lowered arm are not right, he has it sweeping under the medial head. The medial deltoid attaches at the lowest point, not the front. I do not like how the brachialis and brachioradialis muscles are treated, especially on the raised arm. Maybe it was just the lighting, but the skin, especially on the lower legs looks smooth and almost polished. Personal opinion of pose or classic vs gladiator aside, the SS Daniel Bel sculpt is superior. I have nothing against XM and will be ordering their new Colossus. To each his own I guess.

I agree. It's not a terrible piece by any means but in my opinion it's not the greatest 1/4 Hulk ever made. I just don't see it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #657
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Agreed and no way the XM is the consensus best green Hulk sculpt done. It is an ambitious and detailed layout and the execution comes together pretty well but it doesn't grab me like many other pieces do. I still contend that digital sculpts don't hold up to a well done sculpt done by hand. My person opinion, of course

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #658
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
lol, I hope you practice in medicine with that detailed of an analysis. For me, I much prefer the XM but I like XM's more realistic look to pieces. I don't think Gladiator should cost the same as XM, but if it was 300-400 cheaper I would prefer it as well.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #659
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

This thread is a joke. Feedback of 7 but 100% of that is trolling. We have a Doctor in the house . The diagnosis please ...wtf are you talking about
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #660
Tarksis
Justice League

I could go on about the over done traps and how the pants hide valuable muscle real estate that I like seeing on the SS HULK. I am a humble artist that has studied anatomy for many many years. Years of life drawing and sculpture. I also have a passion for weight training and bodybuilding that has fueled my art for over 25 years. I simply call it as I see it. I get lost in the anatomical details, to which SS wins. I am glad you like the XM HULK, it is a nice piece. But this is the Gladiator HULK Maquette thread and the CLEAR winner in my opinion.