Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #2361
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I didn't pick up that Yoshimitsu, but I did see it in person a couple of times. Beautiful, but like many other people, the price tag got a bit beyond me. I suspect this is going to be a "grail" piece in the future for quite a few people.
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #2362
Agähnim
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzerkerr View Post
Gonk,

Is there a chance we will see a Carnage Fine Art Statue?

If done correctly it could be a very successful piece! BD really dropped the ball when they produced a sub-par FS Carnage. There aren't many FS Carnage statues and I see this as a golden opportunity to make a very desirable (and profitable) collectible.

Thanks
BUMP. Not sure if this has been answered but I'd love to know as well.
Agähnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #2363
Scribe
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Koto

Any chance of a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants line?

Mystique, blob, Pyro, Avalanche, Toad, Destiny, Quicksilver ?
+1

Can't believe most of these guys have never been done in FS.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #2364
asura
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Would Kotobukiya ever consider making modern X-Men statues based on current storylines?

I would love to buy a modern Cyclops with either his Utopia outfit or Marvel Now.

He has been one of the most important X-Men character in the past few years when it comes to X-Men comicbooks.

The market is crowded with outfits from the 70s and the 90s...seems like no manufacturer wants to make modern...It makes me think that no manufacturer actually follows comics...
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #2365
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hi Gonk

Was the last Danger Room Sessions Cyclops paint application a mistake, or was he given a non-metallic look on purpose? I know there were mentions that because of his larger base that there was a price increase and certain things taken out to make him affordable (like the light up feature). But will future DRS characters receive a flat base paint from now on or will they get the same metallic look like the statues before Cyclops (Psylocke, Gambit, Wolverine, etc)?

Thanks
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #2366
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by asura View Post
Would Kotobukiya ever consider making modern X-Men statues based on current storylines?

I would love to buy a modern Cyclops with either his Utopia outfit or Marvel Now.

He has been one of the most important X-Men character in the past few years when it comes to X-Men comicbooks.

The market is crowded with outfits from the 70s and the 90s...seems like no manufacturer wants to make modern...It makes me think that no manufacturer actually follows comics...
Odds are their probably going to milk the original outfits for everything they can, soon as sales start to dry up you'll probably start seeing the new outfits coming out. Then again it could be a license issue.. who knows.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #2367
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hi Gonk

Was the last Danger Room Sessions Cyclops paint application a mistake, or was he given a non-metallic look on purpose? I know there were mentions that because of his larger base that there was a price increase and certain things taken out to make him affordable (like the light up feature). But will future DRS characters receive a flat base paint from now on or will they get the same metallic look like the statues before Cyclops (Psylocke, Gambit, Wolverine, etc)?

Thanks
This is mostly left to Erick's discretion. We do everything possible at the factory level to match the finish that is used on the paint master.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #2368
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzerkerr View Post
Gonk,

Is there a chance we will see a Carnage Fine Art Statue?

If done correctly it could be a very successful piece! BD really dropped the ball when they produced a sub-par FS Carnage. There aren't many FS Carnage statues and I see this as a golden opportunity to make a very desirable (and profitable) collectible.

Thanks
A little known fact - our original plan was to offer Carnage with Spider-Man and Venom and base it off the Maximum Carnage storyline ... so anything is possible as our line expands!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #2369
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Will Koto ever expand the Tekken Fine Art statue line?
No plans are in place at the moment to expand this series past Yoshimitsu.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #2370
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Will Kotobukiya be doing anymore statues in the Mass Effect Universe? I would love to see a statue of Jack and Miranda either in the ArtFX or Bishoujo line of statues..
We're still in the process of reworking the Commander Shepard ARTFX so expect more updates soon on this one.