Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-13-2019, 11:36 AM   #101
spriggan
The Spirit

It is funny that catwoman is the first one released at that price by Koto. After all, she is a thief and she is stealing our money from under our noses.

I agree with what some people said, I also like this one more than the original one.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #102
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
Am I the only one who just doesn't get the obsession with the Bishoujo line? It just has zero appeal to me. The statues look like dolls and do not truly represent the character.
There are a ton of statues that don’t represent the characters but they all seem to have followers.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:53 AM   #103
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Holy crap on a stick! $105!?!?! That's getting too freaking high. I'm going to have to give up on some of these at that price point. Damn.
My thoughts exactly.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #104
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Aghhh I’m torn! I ve just uploaded all my DC bishoujos on eBay (I’m more of a SF & Marvel fan) but now i’m Loving the new CAtwoman I m not sure if I should keep them?!
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #105
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I think you should unload them if you can do without them.... you don't need a whole collection if you're not a huge fan of the characters. Maybe be more selective of the DC ones and only have the characters you really love?
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #106
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Yeah I ve temporarily kept Wonder Woman (1st) harlequin (2nd) & supergirl (2nd). But think I ll prob sell rh too soon. Tempted to sell my first editions Psylocke rogue black widow emma frost and Phoenix too.
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #107
stryker12
Fantastic Four

I used to be a massive fan of kotobukiya, but their recent price hikes are just too much for these smaller scales... I'm going to finish collecting the Bat Family Ikemen set and then I'm out for good. I'm not even going to let myself get the Joker Ikemen cause then I know it'll just drag me to get one more, and so on. Also will be avoiding the newly revealed Premier line. If that stuff is 1/6, then for the $300 (?) they'll charge, I'm better off getting an XM piece.

Kotobukiya used to offer a great alternative to everyone who didn't want to splurge on larger scale statues. Their reasonable prices were what got me into collecting in the first place. That no longer seems to be the case, but idk if it's kotobukiya's fault. It seems every statue/collectible figure company is hiking prices across the board.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #108
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
I think you should unload them if you can do without them.... you don't need a whole collection if you're not a huge fan of the characters. Maybe be more selective of the DC ones and only have the characters you really love?
I agree. Lately, it seems DC has been double dipping with 2nd editions (Zatanna, Starfire, Raven, Powergirl) or the-releases of their more popular characters (Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Supergir) whereas some major characters are still AWOL. DC has yet to release Hawkgirl or Jesse Quick or the New Green Lantern for example.

Marvel on the other hand is a bit more consistent. I myself am trying to unload everything but my X-men Bishoujos plus Ms Marvel (love me some Ms Marvel). I just feel like with Disney having bought out Marvel and soon Fox as well that they’ll interfere too much. Captain Marve for example was delayed with no release date in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
Yeah I ve temporarily kept Wonder Woman (1st) harlequin (2nd) & supergirl (2nd). But think I ll prob sell rh too soon. Tempted to sell my first editions Psylocke rogue black widow emma frost and Phoenix too.
I as well preferred the 1st Wonder Woman and 2nd Supergirl except I much prefer classic Harley over the New 52 version. I’ve been at times tempted to sell my smaller 1/8 scale x-men Bishoujos except I doubt that Marvel would ever let Kotobukiya release them all in 1/7 scale like they did Psylocke.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #109
desertdragon
Sinister Six

My Koto Catwoman arrived, and she's absolutely wonderful... because of her pose and scale, she's positively diminutive, but the detail on her is fantastic. Instantly one of my favorite Catwoman pieces period...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koto catwoman 1 sm.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	124845   Click image for larger version

Name:	koto catwoman 2 sm.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	124846   Click image for larger version

Name:	koto catwoman 3 sm.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	124847   Click image for larger version

Name:	koto catwoman 4 sm.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	124848  
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:03 PM   #110
AC_808
Hercules

Great pics, DD!

How'd you get it so early? Did you get it from AmiAmi?
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote