Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #501
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Just got finished with an early showing of the film. I very much enjoyed it. Felt it was well paced and put together well. I enjoy that Thanos had a purpose to his madness other than appearing Death. Made him seem logical in his universal genocide.

There were two parts that touched me, when Spider-Man got choked up when Tony Ojibwa him an Avenger. And also, when Peter was clutching Tony afraid to die. Very touching.

I’m sure I will have more thoughts after I digest it more, but the only reason I took off a point to make it 9/10 is that it bothers me that the only main people to survive were the OG Avengers.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #502
risingstar
Jedi Order

Thanos' grand plan was to kill off half the universe in order to save the universe because he did not believe there were enough resources and space to go around. He wanted the universe to thrive - and he showed that this was possible when he killed off half of Gamora's planet. They thrived as a people afterwards.

The only plot-hole I have with this (i.e., the film) is that if the infinity gauntlet grants Thanos powers over time, space, matter, and reality, and so on, why can't he simply double or triple the existing resources in the universe so that there's more than enough to go around as opposed to killing half the population of the universe so they can make do with the inadequate amounts that he thinks presently exists?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:46 PM   #503
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Thanos' grand plan was to kill off half the universe in order to save the universe because he did not believe there were enough resources and space to go around. He wanted the universe to thrive - and he showed that this was possible when he killed off half of Gamora's planet. They thrived as a people afterwards.

The only plot-hole I have with this (i.e., the film) is that if the infinity gauntlet grants Thanos powers over time, space, matter, and reality, and so on, why can't he simply double or triple the existing resources in the universe so that there's more than enough to go around as opposed to killing half the population of the universe so they can make do with the inadequate amounts that he thinks presently exists?
I think of that kind of stuff too. Ultimately, those are geek problems, I guess.

Alternatively, couldn't the gauntlet render half the universe impotent, thereby reducing population - and killing no one? And oh yeah, Marvel shows their universe to be more populated than we know it to be, but while it still may be finite, it's still phucking enormous, and likely thousands of years from truly being over-populated...

But it's a movie.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #504
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I’m sure I will have more thoughts after I digest it more, but the only reason I took off a point to make it 9/10 is that it bothers me that the only main people to survive were the OG Avengers.
I thought about this too - which sucks because I thought we were heading in a different direction.

I will say this though - I think there's MORE to this than meets the eye, via Doctor Strange. I think he's done something to convince Thanos he's been successful, but he hasn't...that why Strange made the 'selection' to leave them behind...they are the key

I just think its too convenient for the original Avengers to just HAPPEN to survive the 'annihilation wave' [for lack of a better phrase]. That why, somehow, SOMEHOW, Strange did something to that gem, or mind-fooled Thanos and the world. I don't know...just saying...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #505
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugabrams View Post
Let's not forget Tony and Steve have still not kissed and made up."Putting the band back together" will be the basis of the comeback.
Yes - because now they have something to AVENGE.

NOW. NOWWWWWWW we will get a RAMPAGING HULK. they want us to wait for it.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #506
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Hulk got his ego bruised and is embarrassed to come out again but I have a feeling that the Hulk will be making his rage comeback in part 2 of this movie....
I agree. We will see a raging Hulk like we've never seen before. And it will be beautiful
Old 04-29-2018, 04:14 PM   #507
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

It was a very enjoyable film but no one thinks the dead heroes will stay dead right ? lol So knowing that from comics, the end wasn't shoking or saddening.

Captain Marvel is coming huh ? nice, i have never read any Carol Danver's Captain Marvel but i'm always happy to see more super heroes on big screen.

After Strange was like ''if it comes down to saving you, the boy or the stone, i will choose the stone'' and stuff. I just knew there would be a part where he chose Stark or Peter or both over the stone... I mean they couldn't show one of the heroes as cold and heartless like that after all. lol Hulk got his butt handed to him for the 2nd time. first Hulk Buster armor and now Thanos. Hulk fans must be dissapointed... lol It's proven the film Hulk is not even close when it comes to strength compared to the Superman. I hope they will do something smiller to shut the Hulk fans up about the comics versions as well... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #508
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
It was a very enjoyable film but no one thinks the dead heroes will stay dead right ? lol So knowing that from comics, the end wasn't shoking or saddening.

Captain Marvel is coming huh ? nice, i have never read any Carol Danver's Captain Marvel but i'm always happy to see more super heroes on big screen.

After Strange was like ''if it comes down to saving you, the boy or the stone, i will choose the stone'' and stuff. I just knew there would be a part where he chose Stark or Peter or both over the stone... I mean they couldn't show one of the heroes as cold and heartless like that after all. lol Hulk got his butt handed to him for the 2nd time. first Hulk Buster armor and now Thanos. Hulk fans must be dissapointed... lol It's proven the film Hulk is not even close when it comes to strength compared to the Superman. I hope they will do something smiller to shut the Hulk fans up about the comics versions as well... lol
Strange said that before he looked into the future, once he saw the future and the millions of outcomes, only 1 worked against Thanos and that was to let him take the stone. Otherwise I think he would of let Stark die, plus afterwards he told Stark it was the only way.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #509
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Has anyone considered this? There was a big deal out of the idea that "you don't trade lives". Well, with the original Avengers the only ones left at this point, perhaps in the next movie, they DO as it's the only way to save the Universe. The original Avengers for everyone else. Originals gone, everyone else is back, MCU moves on as planned.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:21 PM   #510
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post

To quote Spock from STWOK “it’s always easier to destroy than to create”.