Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #171
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Ehhh, it is not exactly a wildly popular movie, they have been pretty coy about what the robot will be made out of (see pvc) plus $700.

I was all onboard to order this and Deadpool, but am finding that I don't have much of a taste for a $700 price point.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #172
Python
Omega Red

Who does have a taste for the $700+ statues? It's clearly a hobby heading in the wrong direction. But for now, and relative to other lines, this isn't a bad option.

Where are you seeing any mention of PVC? You're right, that would be worrying, but it isn't mentioned on the product page so far as I can see? It's also just under 12kg, which is pretty heavy.
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #173
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Who does have a taste for the $700+ statues? It's clearly a hobby heading in the wrong direction. But for now, and relative to other lines, this isn't a bad option.

Where are you seeing any mention of PVC? You're right, that would be worrying, but it isn't mentioned on the product page so far as I can see? It's also just under 12kg, which is pretty heavy.
I am not saying it will or won't be PVC, just they have never confirmed one way or another on this to my knowledge. I know I am not alone in holding out until it is confirmed, but I think a lot of people are thinking this will follow the Droid way of manufacture.

As to the price point, this is something I want (along with Deadpool), but, I seem to be price averse above $500.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #174
Choopie
Birdman

I asked Alex about the materials in the "Ask Sideshow" thread and here is her response:

"Sorry, but it's a little too early for me to have a firm confirmation of all the materials of this piece right at this time as it's still going through the manufacturing process. I'll be relayed that information as we get closer to the ship time frame of this item (which currently looks like it's estimated to be between Oct - Dec of this year)."

No way I'm ordering something this expensive without knowing what it's going to be made out of. I like it. I would like to own it. But if I miss out on it because they waited until closer to shipping to confirm the materials, then so be it.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #175
ovp3664
The Avengers

Materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post
I asked Alex about the materials in the "Ask Sideshow" thread and here is her response:

"Sorry, but it's a little too early for me to have a firm confirmation of all the materials of this piece right at this time as it's still going through the manufacturing process. I'll be relayed that information as we get closer to the ship time frame of this item (which currently looks like it's estimated to be between Oct - Dec of this year)."

No way I'm ordering something this expensive without knowing what it's going to be made out of. I like it. I would like to own it. But if I miss out on it because they waited until closer to shipping to confirm the materials, then so be it.

That's really ordinary to say the least.
They should still be able to give some information to collectors on what they are spending their hard earned dollars on.

Specific details about exclusives etc this early is one thing. But they should at least know what it will be made of by now surely if its up for pre-order on their website.

I just yesterday sent an email as well to customer service about materials. So I guess there will be no updated info.

I certainly will hold back on a PO as well for the same reason.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #176
Python
Omega Red

I think they were making efforts to be more transparent regarding when plastic is used, unsurprising given the overwhelmingly negative feedback. If there is no mention of plastic on the item page, there is no reason to assume this will be made of it. That said, waiting for in hand opinions and pictures is of course a good idea in this hobby, especially these days when items tend to stay in stock long enough to do so anyway.
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #177
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I think they were making efforts to be more transparent regarding when plastic is used, unsurprising given the overwhelmingly negative feedback. If there is no mention of plastic on the item page, there is no reason to assume this will be made of it. That said, waiting for in hand opinions and pictures is of course a good idea in this hobby, especially these days when items tend to stay in stock long enough to do so anyway.

Very true.

However I was hoping to place an exclusive pre-order right now, simply because of the low edition size.

Going by the listed weight I would say polystone, however that base is quite large.

I wonder if they would give refunds on deposits etc if you stated you were unhappy over the materials when they are finally revealed ?

Keeping in mind the fact they didn't declare them on the pre-order pages initially.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #178
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So when we see something displayed at Comicons, etc. they're not made of the same materials?
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #179
TheHulk
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

This movie had a big impact on my childhood, could not let this one get away, just ordered the exclusive.
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #180
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Falcon View Post
So when we see something displayed at Comicons, etc. they're not made of the same materials?
No. If you recall Deadpool's sagging sword at the last con. Because it was the proto made from softer resin than it will be manufactured with. They almost always show things that haven't gone up for order or manufacture yet.

If we didn't get plastic droid PF's I wouldn't think anything of it, but the lack of confirmation 'until shipping' is really what sets off my alarm bells. It might be great looking, but I won't pay $700 for a PVC statue.