Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #381
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Why do i waste my time reading this.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #382
Rav
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
lol, it's all good, It's just me.

Everyone homes in on different features when looking at faces. Happens all the time where someone says "that person likes like...." and you simply can't see what they are talking about.

It was more of a general vibe. I did not realize it would create such a controversy...lol

I didn't even say it was a bad statue, because it's not... yet I got jumped (not talking about you) by someone0 because I said it looked like an actress to me and I am passing.

Lol, all kinds of social dysfunction on the internet.
Resembles who?
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #383
myskye23
Hellboy

When I first saw the initial pictures of this statue from Wonderfest, I didn't like the face very much either and I wasn't feeling the pose or the way she looked. I own all 3 Red Sonjas from SSC and I didn't think I needed another one but after seeing the Prime 1 pictures and with all the added switch outs, I really like it now and the portrait doesn't look as bad as I had initially thought.

I'm hoping to add this to my collection in the foreseeable future.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #384
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Why do i waste my time reading this.
Yes,
My apologies for the derailment.
I made a passing comment that I thought she resembled an actress and someone jumps all over my case and calls me out in public.
My fault for getting triggered. I should have just taken a deep breath and moved on, but the ugliness directed my way got the best of my emotions.

Back on topic- It is a dynamic and well designed statue. I can 100% see the attraction.

I am interested in the engineering of it and potential learning issues considering her ankle size and the lean she already has, but I am sure a metal rod up the leg is in play here.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:01 PM   #385
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Oh, yea, sorry about this. Maybe I should have been clear about that just being my opinion.

"another excuse "....lol, what was my first "excuse" and why in the world would I need an excuse not to buy a collectible? I either like it and buy it or I don't...it's that simple... no excuse needed

I get a Sydney vibe from the statue. Is that a crime?
Shall I elaborate? She looks (to me, in my opinion) like a skanky boney faced crack horror groupie from an 80s hair band video...to me, in my opinion.

I have the last two SS Reds and no, I will not be buying this one due to the previous opinions listed.

Such a random attack you made toward me (eyeroll emoji and all) because you like a statue that I don't. I bet you are a real joy in the sandbox out on the playground.

Sorry i offended you with my personal observations, I didn't know it would prevent you from enjoying the piece for yourself.
Ok, so, my apologies to you - I can see how my comment would be read as aggressive. I could have, should have worded it better.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, and this is a discussion forum where opinions are shared.

I don't understand (generally speaking) this need people have, to step into a statue thread, and for whatever reason, state they're not buying a statue....there must be hundreds of threads on this forum, and in relation to that vast number, I will purchase a very small fraction of those discussed statues.

The vast majority do not appeal to me.....simple. Does it make sense for me to visit every thread just to let everyone know I'm not buying the focus statue? Who would care? Such a statement doesn't even lead to a meaningful discussion. It would be a dead end, pointless statement, that only serves to reduce the "feel good factor" for those who are genuinely interested. Now, before someone jumps on my comments here - I would not be against constructive criticism, or observations that called into question the integrity of the quality of the piece (I still can't believe the hair discussion on the 1/3 Grail statue).

This is my frustration, it was incorrect to aim that at you (hence my apology).
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #386
craigcliff1
Zot

Up at SSC.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #387
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Incredible sculpt. This statue is beautiful.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:29 AM   #388
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This is a nice piece....

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:53 AM   #389
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Preordered the DX last year at Prime 1 when it first came out....would have POd this at SSC if i known it would come out there....not sure about customer service of P1 since they are based in Japan.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:26 AM   #390
Asgard
Deadman

I'm in no hurry to order her. Will wait for in hand pics first.
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote