Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2019, 06:40 AM   #1
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Statue/Super Glue Question

Sooo when I first received my Batman Returns Catwoman PF the head did not have a strong magnet in it and would sometimes roll off the statue (issue with that statue in general). So I super glued her head on. Any suggestions on how to remove it carefully?
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

Assuming it is Supper-glue you used, i goggled the following:

Even though Super Glue is incredibly strong, it has one weakness: acetone. Acetone is often found in household nail polish remover, and a small amount on the end of a Q-tip or cotton swab applied directly to the glue should dissolve the bond.'

I have read acetone can remove paint. That could be an issue.

My Catwoman has the same wobbly head issue. I did consider gluing it on. The problem being, putting back in the box?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Assuming it is Supper-glue you used, i goggled the following:

Even though Super Glue is incredibly strong, it has one weakness: acetone. Acetone is often found in household nail polish remover, and a small amount on the end of a Q-tip or cotton swab applied directly to the glue should dissolve the bond.'

I have read acetone can remove paint. That could be an issue.

My Catwoman has the same wobbly head issue. I did consider gluing it on. The problem being, putting back in the box?
Yeah I thought about acetone but I know it removes paint. I didn't put much so I wonder I could wiggle it lol
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Yeah I thought about acetone but I know it removes paint. I didn't put much so I wonder I could wiggle it lol
I know some cheaper forms of Super-glue appear to form a strong join, but in reality, with the right amount of pressure the join can be snapped apart. That's why i use rapid setting Araldite. Also, i found standard Super-glue failed to stick stone-resin. Sideshow recommend Zapagap, which appears to be a form of Super-glue possibly with slightly different properties.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote