Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-23-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
bullethole
The Avengers

Any regrets buying a PS3?

I'm about to buy one this weekend. I wonder how you guys feel about it coz I do news searches about the ps3 and most reviews I get is that the system is not doing well . I have a 360 and basically the only games I wanna play are Motorstorm and Resistance .
bullethole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't regret not buying one. Even at my peak of video game geekness I wouldn't have shelled out that kind of money for a system.

I'll stick to my Ps2 & DS Lite. I'll probably pick up a 360 and that's a big maybe.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethole View Post
I'm about to buy one this weekend. I wonder how you guys feel about it coz I do news searches about the ps3 and most reviews I get is that the system is not doing well . I have a 360 and basically the only games I wanna play are Motorstorm and Resistance .
And unfortunately for many, those are the ONLY games worth playing. MotorStorm itself is incredibly repetitive, with the same type of landscape over and over. It's fun for a while, but I wouldn't pay for it, IMO.

Like G said. Even then I have a 360 now and having lots of fun with it. Last game I had for the PS2 was Bully, and if only I could play that on my 360 that would be great, I just hate having to hook that system back up again, especially since it's not mine but my flatmate's and it just looks better on a widescreen tele.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
Natrix
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I kind of regret it.

I would be getting one eventually anyway but the only game I have is Resistance and I play Gears of War more than that. I watch a few Blu Ray movies on it and that is the only major appeal to me right now. I also wish it had media streaming abilities which it may get in the future but I thought it was going to have right out of box. That is another advantage of the 360 which right now is a much better/more bang for the buck system.
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Gruson
Suicide Squad

It's a good BD player and that's about it right now.

It time it will have some amazing games because it's an incredible piece of hardware for the price.

I really did not Resistance very much at all. It felt cheesy and IMO GoW and Lost Planet are MUCH better games.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I cannot wait to buy one.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
They're Statues!
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

For me it's all about the games. Right now the 360 has some good exclusives PS3 has few. It was almost a year after launch before Gears of War & Lost Planet hit (can't wait for Mass Effect) and Sony has only started.
They're Statues! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
kirthew
Zot

I feel a price cut coming up really quick on the PS3 unit... if Gamestop is offering 100 for a trade in PS2 towards the PS3 and can't sell them... then the only thing that is going to help it is a price drop coupled with an awsome game... You can find a PS3 everywhere now... a Wii... No where to be found.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I cannot wait to buy one.
I know you're a big BR fan, but I know you're not impatiently waiting to use this as a player right? Cause I mean quite honestly what is the appeal to it, when it has practically one game worth owning for it? Sure it could be an investment, but the fact of the matter is, there's so many out right now, what's the rush to get one at this moment?
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Yeah but there is sure to be plenty in the future G. This will not be arriving until March and I am sure there will be a few more announced by then. I am buying it mainly as a BD player for the bedroom and the Fiancee is a big gamer. I haven't played games since pacman lol.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote