Old 11-16-2019, 03:44 AM   #21
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I really like how he turned out
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:48 AM   #22
drskull
Frackin!

He is shorter than alucard, real pro scale lol.
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:27 PM   #23
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Saw a lot of people complaining about the size and i do think he should be an inch or two bigger, but increasing height increases overall mass/size and that in turn increases price...i think overall he looks more than fine next to Alucard to be honest.

I think for the size and details it's really well done and well priced.

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:17 AM   #24
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The way I see it is this shouldn't be marketed as a 1:4 statue if they aren't scaling it properly. The picture you posted does look odd next to Alucard. Dracula's head looks way smaller. I fully expected him to be bigger seeing as this is the 1:4 line. Really annoying they pick and choose characters to make bigger, like their Bowser for instance. But they couldn't keep it in scale for Dracula?
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #25
oddmania
Blue Falcon

Still can't decide if I should buy it or skip it.
Really want something to go with Simon Belmont but their's something about this statue that's a complete turn off.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:54 AM   #26
drskull
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Saw a lot of people complaining about the size and i do think he should be an inch or two bigger, but increasing height increases overall mass/size and that in turn increases price...i think overall he looks more than fine next to Alucard to be honest.

I think for the size and details it's really well done and well priced.

I like the statue in general, I would buy it in a heart beat if the scale was correct. And as always the price is good.

but it is not the issue here. I have all their CV releases and as a CV fan I expect a consistent line. I'd pay more for a true 1/4 drac. F4F is losing customers due to their unorthodox aproach of trying to reach bigger audiences. ofc it is a well priced, nicely detailed dracula statue for a netflix bandwagon guy, or a f4f fan who just buys everything they throw in his/her way if the price is right. I am trying to collect the whole line and yet still debating thx to that scale blunder.

For instance I have the old drac on throne statue, and currently waiting for that gabriel. This shows that theres no guarantee that the line will continue as a 1/6 collection. Alex might say "hmm let's make gabriel 1/5, we can push it for 350 dollars."
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #27
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
The way I see it is this shouldn't be marketed as a 1:4 statue if they aren't scaling it properly. The picture you posted does look odd next to Alucard. Dracula's head looks way smaller. I fully expected him to be bigger seeing as this is the 1:4 line. Really annoying they pick and choose characters to make bigger, like their Bowser for instance. But they couldn't keep it in scale for Dracula?
Is it mArketed that way? I didn't see it mentioned in the email iirc

Also while Bowser is large he is likely a smaller scale
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #28
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

They should make a $2000 40 inch version so it's in scale....of course they should....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:02 AM   #29
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Is it mArketed that way? I didn't see it mentioned in the email iirc

Also while Bowser is large he is likely a smaller scale
There's three catergories- two for Classic Castlevania & Symphony in 1:4 scale and their 1:6 "Lords of Shadow line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

They should make a $2000 40 inch version so it's in scale....of course they should....
Ok wise ass. They can make it 24 inches tall. It would look significantly taller than their Alucard and Simon Belmont statues, and would cost less than $700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drskull View Post
I like the statue in general, I would buy it in a heart beat if the scale was correct. And as always the price is good.

but it is not the issue here. I have all their CV releases and as a CV fan I expect a consistent line. I'd pay more for a true 1/4 drac. F4F is losing customers due to their unorthodox aproach of trying to reach bigger audiences. ofc it is a well priced, nicely detailed dracula statue for a netflix bandwagon guy, or a f4f fan who just buys everything they throw in his/her way if the price is right. I am trying to collect the whole line and yet still debating thx to that scale blunder.

For instance I have the old drac on throne statue, and currently waiting for that gabriel. This shows that theres no guarantee that the line will continue as a 1/6 collection. Alex might say "hmm let's make gabriel 1/5, we can push it for 350 dollars."

Yes, this is what bothers me. And this was what I was speaking of when I said it annoys me when companies do this, especially when people want consistant scale.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:35 AM   #30
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
There's three catergories- two for Classic Castlevania & Symphony in 1:4 scale and their 1:6 "Lords of Shadow line.
I checked even the product page and didn't see mention of 1:4th scale on it... It's roughly 1:4th scale size but that's about it >< Alucard is only 1 inch higher (21 inches) so it seems to be in keeping with him.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote