Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-02-2020, 06:47 AM   #41
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Is this better than the first game?
So far no...but it’s not far off. If the first was a 10 this would be a 9...still a great game IMO.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:08 PM   #42
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The game is a masterpiece, IMO. I'm not fully done with it, but it's one of the best games I've ever played. Really intense too.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:17 PM   #43
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

They really tried to paint Ellie in bad light. Graphics and gameplay were great. Story not so much.... ambitious? I don't think so. Where do they go from here? 7.5/10

The first was way better.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #44
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Finished it...excellent game. Perfect example of why not to jump to conclusions or let others form your opinion. A lot of knee jerk hate for this one...a lot of Naughty Dog hate, too. Great gameplay, graphics, story...well told. Really liked the idea of playing as Abby and seeing through both sets of eyes.

I think a lot of people wanted last of us 1.5...another Joel and Ellie adventure. That, you won't get, but you will get a top notch experience. If the first one is a 10/10 then I'd give this a 9/10, but could see someone argue a 10.

I have a feeling this'll be one of those cases where people eventually calm down, try the game and wonder what they were freaking out about in the first place.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #45
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm 2 hours into the game and even though I know what is going to happen I am enjoying this game. It makes sense what happened. Heck, if I was in the same shoes I would have done the same.

I'm sure a lot of the low scores are from people who haven't played the game or finished it. Hell, people are stupid enough to give death threats to one of the actors!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #46
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I've never played the 1st one. I read a little about it recently. Is it like res evil with puzzles? How is the fighting mechanics?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:08 PM   #47
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I've never played the 1st one. I read a little about it recently. Is it like res evil with puzzles? How is the fighting mechanics?
Not really a lot in the way of puzzles...at least not in the blatant way that RE presents them. Gameplay is great, a lot of fun. What really drives the game, though, is the story and the characters; most notably the relationship between the two main characters Joel and Ellie. I've always thought of it as closer to an interactive film than a straight up video game. Definitely worth a play.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #48
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The game is a masterpiece, IMO. I'm not fully done with it, but it's one of the best games I've ever played. Really intense too.
I agree
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #49
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I just recently played the first one and finished it a few days ago and it’s definitely an amazing game from beginning to end. The story is captivating and the characters are likeable and the voice acting is perfect. There’s not many puzzles and what’s there I don’t think qualifies as puzzles. It’s about the journey and the relationship that builds amongst Joel and Ellie. The way this story unfolds is great and it keeps you hooked. All I can say is the ending is hands down the best part of the game, for me at least. Now I’m looking forward to playing the second one.
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #50
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

There is no sequel. The story ends after 1 game.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote