Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 01-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

No I'm talking about comic book fans who cannot get to the con because tickets are pre sold out before they even get a chance to order. Comic con shouldn't be limited to those who have attended the previous year.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #12
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

It should be 1st come 1st serve.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
someone who's not even a comics fan that's just going to try and see celebrities, or to a kid who just wants to add to the crowd of the mass media area and play video games on the big screen and grab the free promo handouts
Man, this is pretty much their target audience. I went from 94-06 and then quit because of the shift.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
It should be 1st come 1st serve.
Yep.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #15
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Last year it was 50/50 of tickets for people who have been before. This year they have decreased that but they didn't say buy how much. I would say this will be the last year for that. But then again the site always crashes so they haven't invested the money in a site to make it a free for all. Until that happens I think letting people who have attended before have first dibs helps the server. Not saying it's right, but that's probably why.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Why don't they open it up to something like ticket master or the like?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #17
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

I was kind of under the impression that if you attended last year, you were guaranteed a spot this year, if you wanted it. imo that was the tone of their announcements. Just because they told everyone to hold onto their badges because we'd need them if we wanted to secure our spot for this year. Then they sent an email saying you didn't need the actual badge after all, because they had our badge info stored electronically, and to hang tight and wait for the email w/instructions for pre-registration. Since then, all of their updates have been massively vague.

That would be a good idea imo, because only a small percentage of the total # of last year's attendees would go again this year. So the regulars would be guaranteed a spot. Kind of like Season Tickets. People get tenured into those. They aren't just sold first come first serve.
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I was kind of under the impression that if you attended last year, you were guaranteed a spot this year, if you wanted it. imo that was the tone of their announcements. Just because they told everyone to hold onto their badges because we'd need them if we wanted to secure our spot for this year. Then they sent an email saying you didn't need the actual badge after all, because they had our badge info stored electronically, and to hang tight and wait for the email w/instructions for pre-registration. Since then, all of their updates have been massively vague.

That would be a good idea imo, because only a small percentage of the total # of last year's attendees would go again this year. So the regulars would be guaranteed a spot. Kind of like Season Tickets. People get tenured into those. They aren't just sold first come first serve.
You don't need to hold onto the badge for this year even though they told us. There is no guarantee that we are getting tickets. It's sounds like to me once we preregister we will be given a time when we can come back. It does not matter when you sign on you will be randomly selected to be in a que. Sounds like to me most will not get the tickets they want because tickets have to be allotted troughout the day and they can't all be winners.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #19
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Hopefully they do the right thing and secretly code us long-time attendees on the back-end to get tickets, with like the real long timers pre-selected for 4-day passes w/preview night
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #20
toe
Alpha Flight

I have been going to comic con wince 1999-current. I dont need 4 days anymore. I just want 2 days and I'm good. Too much junk now.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote